The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/the-us-is-awash-in-vaccine-supply-its-new-concern-will-demand-keep-up/ar-BB1fM1FH?ocid=uxbndlbing

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. While the rest of the world are begging for vaccines, these idiots don't want it.  Unless the US can reach herd immunity, they are in big trouble. 

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/the-us-is-awash-in-vaccine-supply-its-new-concern-will-demand-keep-up/ar-BB1fM1FH?ocid=uxbndlbing

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. While the rest of the world are begging for vaccines, these idiots don't want it.  Unless the US can reach herd immunity, they are in big trouble. 

About 1 in 3 people down in the states have polled as not going to take the shot.

I think that it will  actually be about 1 in 4  or perhaps 1 in 5, that will actually refuse.

Still leaves that country in a world of hurt.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

About 1 in 3 people down in the states have polled as not going to take the shot.

I think that it will  actually be about 1 in 4  or perhaps 1 in 5, that will actually refuse.

Still leaves that country in a world of hurt.

Depends where though, if the core cities on the coasts get to a decent level it won’t matter as much if the interior isn’t having as great an uptake. It’s about the density of the uptake in their clusters 

20210417_135826.thumb.jpg.ccbd5f32714f23e1a0bfd3f7d93231f5.jpg

I took this around 1pm yesterday, it got busier.  Highly doubt everyone is 'from the neighborhood' but I sure as hell am.  I went down by myself and went far beyond the point to play geets.  Saw at least 4 gatherings of 5+ people, I expect it'll be even busier today.  Would not be surprised to see this and other beaches on the news.  This is White Rock BTW. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Depends where though, if the core cities on the coasts get to a decent level it won’t matter as much if the interior isn’t having as great an uptake. It’s about the density of the uptake in their clusters 

Figure 333, 000,000 people down there

1 in 5 equals 66,000,000

Early estimates in Canada were 30-70 % of people will/would have caught the virus

so go with 50%  of 66 million people or 33 mill.

33,000,000 times current death rate of 1.8%     equals 594,000 potentail deaths, on top of what they already have.

Then add in the potential of another variant being born in that population of non vaccers.

Ugly, ugley times could be ahead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

1 in 5 equals 66,000,000

Early estimates in Canada were 30-70 % of people will/would have caught the virus

33,000,000 times current death rate of 1.8%     equals 594,000 potentail deaths, on top of what they already have.

Then add in the potential of another variant being born in that population of non vaccers.

Thats some science lol

GIF by Aminé

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I took this around 1pm yesterday, it got busier.  Highly doubt everyone is 'from the neighborhood' but I sure as hell am.  I went down by myself and went far beyond the point to play geets.  Saw at least 4 gatherings of 5+ people, I expect it'll be even busier today.  Would not be surprised to see this and other beaches on the news.  This is White Rock BTW. 

They are going to have to close the parking lots like they did last spring.  At all beaches and parks.  

10 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

New pandemic word of the day...

Double Mutant

"A 'double mutant' variant of COVID-19 virus found in India is a cause of growing concern" https://twitter.com/i/events/1383065171132772352?s=09

They will always be new variants. It happens all the time when virus replicates.  Not all variants are VOC though. But the way flights keep arriving into YVR from India, I wouldn't be surprised if we find this variant in BC already. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Personally, seeing the amount of people here would disturb me too. But aren't the people in this image adequately distanced apart? Maybe the angle or perspective of the photo doesn't show the whole picture, but it looks like people are sticking to their families in that pic.

41 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Personally, seeing the amount of people here would disturb me too. But aren't the people in this image adequately distanced apart? Maybe the angle or perspective of the photo doesn't show the whole picture, but it looks like people are sticking to their families in that pic.

That’s like.... one Elementary school classroom worth of people. 

2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

New pandemic word of the day...

Double Mutant

"A 'double mutant' variant of COVID-19 virus found in India is a cause of growing concern" https://twitter.com/i/events/1383065171132772352?s=09

Was reading about this and it's genuinely scary because there's NO known reason for it and it is showing far greater signs on infection and potentially lethal results than anything shown so far without a bias on age at all like the Covid strains we've seen have shown

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

They will always be new variants. It happens all the time when virus replicates.  Not all variants are VOC though. But the way flights keep arriving into YVR from India, I wouldn't be surprised if we find this variant in BC already. 

The article I was reading mentioned this, as Vancouver has such a massive south East Asian population that the likelihood of this virus being in Vancouver and subsequently Toronto is actually fairly high and should be monitored

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gurn said:

1 in 5 equals 66,000,000

I think there are only 255m adults that are eligible for the vaccination.

• Thanks 1