The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We are scheduled for #4 shot tomorrow. What is the latest between Pfizer and Moderna shots. I have been told to wait for Pfizer?  

who's telling you to wait? 

The Moderna bivalent vaccine may induce a greater immune response compared to the Pfizer bivalent vaccine.

https://immunizebc.ca/ask-us/questions/what-vaccine-will-i-be-offered-my-fall-booster

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder what changes commence and how it will effect my job. In the FCCL LNG site in Kitimat they just recently allowed in unvaccinated to come back to work. 

They’re gonna add more than 500 people in January. 

pretty sure you can guess, JD. If you can stay healthy, you can probably get as much overtime as you want.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

pretty sure you can guess, JD. If you can stay healthy, you can probably get as much overtime as you want.

I’ll be in trade school starting in January for 6 months so no OT for me. Will be going to BCIT. 

I get to miss the insane rainy season in Kitimat so that’s nice. 

Could mean I have a job when I get back, I probably do either way.  I think it will mean that they’ll give everybody a raise. They did back in June with inflation. 

23 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I’ll be in trade school starting in January for 6 months so no OT for me. Will be going to BCIT. 

I get to miss the insane rainy season in Kitimat so that’s nice. 

Could mean I have a job when I get back, I probably do either way.  I think it will mean that they’ll give everybody a raise. They did back in June with inflation. 

nice, good for you. BCIT is a great option. 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:45 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So in other words, you're pro-transmission, since you can't be bothered to mask up to help reduce the risk (and degree) of transmission, and would rather abuse and mock such measures instead.

Good job, Ron.  Such a great example of civic responsibility and good citizenship.

Sarcastic Clap GIFs | TenorSarcastic clapBest Sarcastic Clap Gif GIFs | GfycatApplaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market - Find & Share on GIPHY

LOL I am not pro transmission. I just know you can't beat nature. You can go an extreme Donald Trump version, have a daily shot of bleach or the horse drug, and boom, everyone gets COVID.

You can go full on Xi Xi Ping, and not only have mask mandates, but full on shutter society (pray your at home when this happens) crippling not even your own economy, but full on slowing down the world economy. And COVID was still not stopped!

So as Ms. Musgrave would say, your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't, so you might as well do whatever you want!

On 11/14/2022 at 10:23 PM, Warhippy said:

that's ah uh...that's a weird gif there but k

Masks?  Oh no.  I might be moderately inconvenienced.  

After the cold my kid just brought home two weeks ago and how messed up my wife and.I still are from it; I'll wear the mask.  Especially after standing in line with the idiots coughing and sneezing on everything behind me in it

I mean, if I have cold or flu symptoms ( I do right now as it turns out, and just COVID tested myself, but negative, so who knows I got both shots) then I stay home. If I really need to get something, I wear a mask then, and get in an out of there, because I feel bad going out sick. Which as it turns out, matches the current recommendations.

My spidy sense feels like staying in isolation and masking up slowed the spread of the regular cold and flu seasons. And nature being nature, what doesn't kill it, just makes it stronger. So now that it CAN spread, it's doing so with a vengeance. And not having any antibodies in our systems from the last few years of yearly illness, it's hitting people extra hard.

32 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

I mean, if I have cold or flu symptoms ( I do right now as it turns out, and just COVID tested myself, but negative, so who knows I got both shots) then I stay home. If I really need to get something, I wear a mask then, and get in an out of there, because I feel bad going out sick. Which as it turns out, matches the current recommendations.

My spidy sense feels like staying in isolation and masking up slowed the spread of the regular cold and flu seasons. And nature being nature, what doesn't kill it, just makes it stronger. So now that it CAN spread, it's doing so with a vengeance. And not having any antibodies in our systems from the last few years of yearly illness, it's hitting people extra hard.

Umm....from my understanding it is just the added strain on a collapsing system after 2 years of endless  overworking and job attrition.

There is a huge amount of people claiming this is due to vaccines or somehow that kids didn't get exposed for two years so this must mean that it's the governments fault and masks and shots were bad and the reason this is so bad.

When the reality is, after 2+ years.  The system is at or near collapse.  Job attrition was and has never been higher in the health care fields due to this.  Add in a very bad flu season in a climate in which 30% of the population feels shots, vaccines or masks are an infringement on their freedoms and voila.

I hated wearing a mask but we got sick, I couldn't stay home and I wore my mask because I wanted to protect other people.  But this wave of sickness we're seeing now is just one more straw on the camels back

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Umm....from my understanding it is just the added strain on a collapsing system after 2 years of endless  overworking and job attrition.

There is a huge amount of people claiming this is due to vaccines or somehow that kids didn't get exposed for two years so this must mean that it's the governments fault and masks and shots were bad and the reason this is so bad.

When the reality is, after 2+ years.  The system is at or near collapse.  Job attrition was and has never been higher in the health care fields due to this.  Add in a very bad flu season in a climate in which 30% of the population feels shots, vaccines or masks are an infringement on their freedoms and voila.

I hated wearing a mask but we got sick, I couldn't stay home and I wore my mask because I wanted to protect other people.  But this wave of sickness we're seeing now is just one more straw on the camels back

imo, a good chunk of it is covid and people just aren't testing enough

We had our 4th Covid shot on Wednesday (Pfizer) and other than a tad more sleep had no ill effects. Flu shot at the same time, opposite arm. 

What is a head scratcher to me is that vaccine records are not posted to our Health Portals. Seems like Service BC is trying to create their own info bank 

which ignores citizen convenience and possible safety? 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

We had our 4th Covid shot on Wednesday (Pfizer) and other than a tad more sleep had no ill effects. Flu shot at the same time, opposite arm. 

What is a head scratcher to me is that vaccine records are not posted to our Health Portals. Seems like Service BC is trying to create their own info bank 

That’s odd Bouds, maybe check again in a day or two. Our vax records are on the portal.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

could just be your local pharmacist has been backed up and didn't enter it yet?  

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I checked with Service BC. Then I checked my Portal and none of my shots are there. How about you? 

yep it came through in about a day for me. I'd check with the pharmacy, maybe they haven't entered it yet? 

• Thanks 1