The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Received an email last night, time to book my next booster.

try online- can't book a time.

Oh well, I'll just go to the Vaxx clinic and talk to a person. Get there and the clinic  is closed till tomorrow, however there was an actual phone number on the door.

Write it down and go home to make a call.

Make a call, wait 5 minutes and get through to an actual person, I think.

Go through the whole, this is who I am,  here is all my data/numbers, routine.

I could feel real progress being made, until I said where I live.

They can book me into multiple places  Comox or Cumberland or Nanaimo, but nothing in Powell River. Not only nothing in Powell River but they have no idea when something might open up.

So I get told to try again in a few days. lol.

I wonder if my doctor will sign off on a Travel Assistance Pass, thus making my ferry ride free?

I'm going to give it a week then see.

Really hoping the Omi targeted vaxx is available.

I would go back to the clinic again.  You might get lucky.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Canada ending requirements for COVID-19 vaccines, ArriveCan app at border Sept. 30 (msn.com)

Canada ending requirements for COVID-19 vaccines, ArriveCan app at border Sept. 30

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has agreed to let a cabinet order enforcing mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements at the Canadian border expire at the end of this month.

Canada ending requirements for COVID-19 vaccines, ArriveCan app at border Sept. 30
Canada ending requirements for COVID-19 vaccines, ArriveCan app at border Sept. 30© Provided by The Canadian Press

The decision was confirmed by two senior government sources, who spoke to The Canadian Press on the condition they not be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

The change will also bring an end to COVID-19 border testing, which is currently mandatory for unvaccinated international travellers and random for those who are vaccinated.

Tourism Minister Randy Boissonnault would not confirm the decision Thursday afternoon, but he said if the order is allowed to expire, that would also eliminate the only mandatory component for the ArriveCan app.

"So the mandatory piece is the vaccine piece, and because that's how people prove it through the ArriveCan, that's how the order is written, from what I remember," he said on his way into a cabinet meeting.

ArriveCan began as a way for travellers to report their vaccination status and provide pre-departure test results to the Canada Border Services Agency. But it has morphed into a digitized border arrival tool, and now people flying into certain airports can use it to fill out their customs and immigration form instead of the paper version.

Cabinet first ordered international travellers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 a year ago, and has renewed that order about every three months. 

The latest version will expire Sept. 30 and will not be renewed. 

The sources say the full cabinet does not need to sign off on a decision to let an existing order expire. One of them confirmed Trudeau has signed off on the plan.

The federal government is still deciding whether to maintain the requirement for passengers to wear face masks on trains and airplanes. That rule is not contained in the same cabinet order as the border vaccine requirement, but rather is a ministerial order given by the minister of Transport.

It's about time.  Even though I am vaccinated and with a booster, the ArriveCan app, random Covid testing, and inadequate bus times to and from Vancouver were the reasons why I did not travel to Vancouver and back to Seattle. And knowing me, I would probably forget about entering my information into the app within the time frame and/or over think it, such as - is it three days, like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or is that 72 hours?

Also I heard that the train service to Vancouver and back to Seattle is going to resume.  Now only if the bus and/or train service had later Vancouver depart times such as 8pm-9pm, that would be great as well as earlier arrival times to Vancouver. 

I was at Canadian Tire tonight. Some flat earther, was rambling to the girl at customer service how masks don't work, and the vaccines make you more likely to get Covid.

I couldn't even be bothered to give him stink eye. I just felt sorry for the cashiers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

got my booster on tuesday, started feeling sick on wednesday afternoon, tested ttwice, both neg.  Tested again Thus morning as I wasn't feeling great, neg.  Had a rough day at work, and a very very rough night last night and this morning........just tested again and positive!

• Huggy Bear 2

16 hours ago, stawns said:

got my booster on tuesday, started feeling sick on wednesday afternoon, tested ttwice, both neg.  Tested again Thus morning as I wasn't feeling great, neg.  Had a rough day at work, and a very very rough night last night and this morning........just tested again and positive!

Lol. Good thing you got that booster!  

Heal up Stawns!   Hopefully it isn’t too bad for you!

On 9/22/2022 at 2:49 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

I would go back to the clinic again.  You might get lucky.

My gf came with me on Tuesday and, though she didn't have an invite, they got her in too.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, stawns said:

I wonder if you got a false positive? the new booster really seems to pack a kick, I know several folks who've had 3+ days of reaction to it.

13 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wonder if you got a false positive? the new booster really seems to pack a kick, I know several folks who've had 3+ days of reaction to it.

It's been going through my school for a couple weeks and on Monday the district packed 2500 of us in a gym for an indigenous pro-d day, so I'm not surprised.  

I thought about the shot, but Ive got a pretty serious cough and congestion, which I don't think would come with a reaction to the shot.

I think I'm over the hump, but I had a few pretty rough days

• Vintage 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:45 AM, stawns said:

It's been going through my school for a couple weeks and on Monday the district packed 2500 of us in a gym for an indigenous pro-d day, so I'm not surprised.  

I thought about the shot, but Ive got a pretty serious cough and congestion, which I don't think would come with a reaction to the shot.

I think I'm over the hump, but I had a few pretty rough days

so... decided to check myself and my wife this am, turns out we got it too. Too weird that we both timed our shots perfectly to also get covid :picard:

we got lucky, so far not that bad, my wife is already over it so we must have got a pretty weak strain. 

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

so... decided to check myself and my wife this am, turns out we got it too. Too weird that we both timed our shots perfectly to also get covid :picard:

we got lucky, so far not that bad, my wife is already over it so we must have got a pretty weak strain. 

Lucky bugger.  I'm now on day five and in a third phase of this thing and my gf got hit last night and is confined to bed........and she's been sick twice in the 12 years we've been together.

Day 1-2 - started with feeling off and quickly grew to a severe headache, fever and then a severe cough and congrstion.

Day 3-4 - fever, heavy brain fog, deep body aches, head congestion, but the cough eases off a bit

Day 5 (today) - cough is easing off, not as stuffed up but the brain fog is unreal.......everything feels kind of surreal and my brain won't lete sleep for more than an hour or two at a time and though my body is pretty run down, I can't nap or get a good rest.  It's been relentless for 5 days and that's with a steady 12 hour cycle of cold and flu meds, which make a huuuge difference.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lucky bugger.  I'm now on day five and in a third phase of this thing and my gf got hit last night and is confined to bed........and she's been sick twice in the 12 years we've been together.

Day 1-2 - started with feeling off and quickly grew to a severe headache, fever and then a severe cough and congrstion.

Day 3-4 - fever, heavy brain fog, deep body aches, head congestion, but the cough eases off a bit

Day 5 (today) - cough is easing off, not as stuffed up but the brain fog is unreal.......everything feels kind of surreal and my brain won't lete sleep for more than an hour or two at a time and though my body is pretty run down, I can't nap or get a good rest.  It's been relentless for 5 days and that's with a steady 12 hour cycle of cold and flu meds, which make a huuuge difference.

ugh sorry to hear that. 

For me its been body aches and sweating like a mo-fo at night, with that interrupted sleep thing you're taking about. Congestion isn't too bad. Feel like I'm heading out the other end of this this am.

One weird thing, I'm really hungry but don't have an appetite if that makes sense, just don't have any cravings for food whatsoever. Have to force down the chow. 

Just now, JM_ said:

ugh sorry to hear that. 

For me its been body aches and sweating like a mo-fo at night, with that interrupted sleep thing you're taking about. Congestion isn't too bad. Feel like I'm heading out the other end of this this am.

One weird thing, I'm really hungry but don't have an appetite if that makes sense, just don't have any cravings for food whatsoever. Have to force down the chow. 

Exactly the same here.  I've barely eaten in 4 days, even though I'm hungry.  I have to force myself to eat so I've got SE energy to fight it, but I really have to force it down.  I've lost my sense of taste and smell as well

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Exactly the same here.  I've barely eaten in 4 days, even though I'm hungry.  I have to force myself to eat so I've got SE energy to fight it, but I really have to force it down.  I've lost my sense of taste and smell as well

I wonder if there's a different strain in the interior? sounds like you got a worse version.