The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Let me guess, southern States?  How in the hell is @$$ Wipe a worry?  These idiots shoot one another thousands of times every day, but they buy up all the @$$ wipe when there is a flu scare?  Dumbest population on the planet.  

Given the use of the word "Tyre", I doubt it is in the US.

Although, the guy on the left kinda looks like my neighbor :lol:

Edit: BBC article has this pic, and it refers to a store in Australia.  According to articles, there have been fights over TP there, women punching and slapping each other, and some guy pulled a knife on another customer

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51731422

@Alflives

Edited by Kragar
update
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, IRR said:

Exactly!!! Just sooo odd. Then, some disgusting people are buying it, then trying to take advantage of people and sell it for 4-5 times more. 

yah, it's pathetic.. Amazon is already removing 100s of up sellers to avoid this issue. People are messed up. 

I don't understand the hysteria of going out to buy toilet paper. Your body doesn't start making you go to the bathroom more just because you are at home. And with spills and stuff you use a rag. Your main concern is probably be food because when it happened in Wuhan and panic buying happened...it was fast. Like within hours store shelves were emptied and if your house don't have food then you out of luck. Make sure you stock up on food especially non perishables. If you have pets, then you need to make sure you stock up at least a couple of months of food and litter. Lots of people are resorting to feeding thier pets people food over here. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, smokes said:

I don't understand the hysteria of going out to buy toilet paper. Your body doesn't start making you go to the bathroom more just because you are at home. And with spills and stuff you use a rag. Your main concern is probably be food because when it happened in Wuhan and panic buying happened...it was fast. Like within hours store shelves were emptied and if your house don't have food then you out of luck. Make sure you stock up on food especially non perishables. If you have pets, then you need to make sure you stock up at least a couple of months of food and litter. Lots of people are resorting to feeding thier pets people food over here. 

Whole lot of stupid going on here regarding ass wipe. Hoping I already have enough piled up until the stupid subsides  lol

Couple things really stand out. USA numbers climbing rapidly to 547. Norway has 176, for a country of 4 million that's a lot. Iceland somehow has 50 cases. India has 39 cases (that number could explode), San Marino 39 cases. Canada 64.

corona.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1

https://www.ft.com/content/f3db4bfe-ed33-3300-80ea-c0fdfd2dc7e7

Italy extends coronavirus lockdown to entire country Miles Johnson and Davide Ghiglione Italy has announced the entire country will be placed into quarantine conditions in its government’s most dramatic step yet to contain the second largest outbreak of coronavirus outside of China. Giuseppe Conte, Italy’s prime minster, from Tuesday imposed restrictions on the movement of the whole of Italy, a population of over 60m people, with Italians instructed to limit leaving their houses unless for urgent health or work reasons. Schools and universities will be closed across the entire peninsula and all public gatherings will be banned until April 3rd. The emergency measures come after Italy experienced a large jump in the number of cases over the last two days, overtaking South Korea as the largest outbreak outside of China. “If public health is an asset that is endangered, we are forced to impose sacrifices,” Mr Conte said at a press conference on Monday evening, calling the new emergency measures “I stay at home”. “There will no longer be a red zone, the whole of Italy will be a protected area,” Mr Conte said. “We have to avoid moving around other than for emergencies or essential work reasons within designated areas." Early on Sunday morning, Mr Conte’s government announced that large swathes of Italy’s north, centred around the prosperous northern region of Lombardy, would be placed under quarantine conditions.

Just imagine being stuck in Italy.

All that red wine and prosciutto. 

Not sure I could handle it.

Edited by Shift-4

Coronavirus can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres

Mon 9 Mar 2020 23:24:23 GMT

A report from the South China Morning Post on research findings. 

• from a group of official researchers from Hunan province investigating a cluster case
In brief:
  • The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes
  • can travel up to 4.5 metres - further than the "safe distance" advised by health authorities around the world
  • it can last for days on surfaces where respiratory droplets land (depends on factors such as temperature and the type of surface - it can survive for two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper)

This was more than a little frightening.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2