The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

33 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Prime rib for this guy

And alchohol. Mass amounts of alchohol. I'm on shutdown for a week and I work in the booze industry. You math it out.

Fresh turkey going into a Weber with a Smoker Box in a couple of hours.  Then Smoked Ham for Easter Sunday

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Mr Orange, you know the narcissist, his favorite thing is to pass the blame on anything onto somebody else.  It's one of the things that narcissists do.  The fact remains that after Sars, Pres Bush set up a system that could react quickly to a pandemic.  And I saw a tweet that Obama had a detailed plan in place.  Obviously, the measures were in place were scrubbed by the Great Pumpkin.

I'm not locating the tweet that I'm referring to but here's something by Chris Lu, former White House Cabinet Secretary under Obama.  The point is, there was no lack of information for POTUS

Can you imagine the average day and thoughts of former potus Barack and this clown? They actually had someone in that position who was intelligent and spoke his mind, right or wrong. Haven't seen that transparent authority since Trudeau ... and I mean Pierre. Politics are a huge sham but funny to watch.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Ok pal...you hoarded TP didn't you....

:lol:

didn't need to. Had plenty of it at home prior to the outbreak.

I'm one of those guys that always has extra food, matches, camp stoves, bedding, fishing gear etc. ready by my door.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If the WHO reported the real numbers right away, or stated that China's numbers were suspicious (rather than saying they were accurate), other nations could have acted more quickly in stopping the spread, realizing that the threat was greater than reported.

There were plenty of outlets stating that this wasn't a big deal back in winter, to live your normal lives, that this only affected the elderly, and so on. While many people know not to believe everything the media says, there are plenty of people who do. So no, not everyone had all the information they needed from the get-go.

Point is, the WHO should be held accountable, as should any politician that's done a poor job.

Are you saying that they had "real" numbers but chose not to disclose them? I'd be interested to see some proof of that claim.

Otherwise, you're scapegoating.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Based on information currently available".

If you have proof that they had other information and deliberately withheld it, that would be a different story.

Wouldn't you have to be complete idiot to travel to China right now? We're so dumb it's laughable.

38 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If I pay $50 for a broom, it had better be the last broom I ever buy.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Ffffttt.....like you ever use a broom.....

Before you know it you will have to

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:
41 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Let's kick in with some positives....

Who's cooking a turkey this weekend?

Who's drinkn? Sounds like we are day drinking on the deck...just the two of us. No invites.

Curried Lamb, with Scotch, and Red Wine with Chinese..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

didn't need to. Had plenty of it at home prior to the outbreak.

I'm one of those guys that always has extra food, matches, camp stoves, bedding, fishing gear etc. ready by my door.

Well then, there is one thing we have in common.

My earthquake kit includes tons of 25 year shelf life food, canned food, crates of water I refill w/ a drop of bleach each summer, batteries, flashlights, tp, meds, etc.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think I can pull off a turkey or ham. The basics are to cook long but keep moisturized .... by covering it up with spices, garlic, and pineapple and any kind of soup or gravy you can find.

A noice scotch would be noice!

i'm going to heat up some piri piri pre-prepared chicken

pick up a ready made salad

and open a bottle of good red wine

set up a large mirror on the table

so i do not have to feel like i am eating alone

will be memorable easter

one of the best ever i'm sure

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 2

Disappointing to hear Dr. Bonnie Henry wanted all street drugs used by druggies legalized a couple years ago.

And on the news they are calling those drug using zombies in East Van "vulnerable persons".....haha good god...give me a break. Completely removes any personal responsibility these dummies should demonstrate.

Real "vulnerable persons" are the elderly and immuno compromised persons imo.

I actually could not care less about the drug using zombies...most of them are criminals and thieves.  Every "tent city" has an area for stolen goods and a place to get more drugs...I know this as my job involves dealing with these idiots.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Are you saying that they had "real" numbers but chose not to disclose them? I'd be interested to see some proof of that claim.

Otherwise, you're scapegoating.

No, I'm saying they should have dug deeper to get the real numbers.

If they themselves didn't know the real numbers, then they shouldn't have been praising China for their transparency.

Worst case scenario the WHO intentionally withheld information. No proof of that, so not claiming that's what happened.

Incompetence is likely the answer, but still reason enough that their actions shouldn't be swept under the rug. That's the case for anyone. Same goes for Trump, or any other politician.

It's not scapegoating, it's wanting accountability for everyone responsible.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i'm going to heat up some piri piri pre-prepared chicken

pick up a ready made salad

and open a bottle of good red wine

set up a large mirror on the table

so i do not have to feel like i am eating alone

will be memorable easter

one of the best ever i'm sure

Hey brother. I'll be there in spirit. the salad sounds good.:emot-parrot: Take time to reflect and make it awesome ... what kind of wine?

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Disappointing to hear Dr. Bonnie Henry wanted all street drugs used by druggies legalized a couple years ago.

And on the news they are calling those drug using zombies in East Van "vulnerable persons".....haha good god...give me a break. Completely removes any personal responsibility these dummies should demonstrate.

I actually could not care less about the drug using zombies...most of them are criminals and thieves.  Every "tent city" has an area for stolen goods and a place to get more drugs...I know this as my job involves dealing with these idiots.

It's a bigger problem that is almost impossible to fix. Good thing you have a job though ... sad thing is everyone on of those people was probably loved at some point and doesn't choose to waste their time on earth .... you are like a garbage man which is as important as the Health Doctor of Canada in my humble opinion. Everyone is important. It's what you bring home to your family that counts.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

why is that disappointing?

we have two markets of drugs

pharmaceutical grade that are abused

and street grade that are abused

there is so much more risk in the street grade drugs

from an economic stand point it is cheaper to prescribe replacement drugs for street level drugs

or do what they have done with marijuana (and alcohol)

then at least all the collateral damage will not happen

and organized crime will be forced out of this problem

do you know why illegal drugs were made illegal?

do you really think criminalizing this activity is an effective way to deal with this issue?

you appear to be heavily influenced by past mistakes made forcing the criminal system into this problem

the bolded part is your listing of symptoms resulting from the present approach to street drug use

you think those people set up in that manner and behave that way

in advance of their decision

to use street drugs?

Edited by coastal.view
  • Thanks 1