The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

ohh, any don't they have a 'Zombie' parasite that bees can get? is this convo coming full circle?

We always thought the Varroa mite was our big problem, but it turns out the Varroa carries a virus that's far worse.  The industry threw everything they could at it, but all it was kill off the weak strains and left the strong to mutate 

Just now, stawns said:

We always thought the Varroa mite was our big problem, but it turns out the Varroa carries a virus that's far worse.  The industry threw everything they could at it, but all it was kill off the weak strains and left the strong to mutate 

That's scary stuff.

Soo cool that you work with Bee's....I hear without them, there would be no us.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:
Wed 11 Mar 2020 18:11:27 GMT

Adhering to San Francisco health offices order prohibiting events of 1000 people or more

The Golden State Warriors plan to play home games without fans. This according to ESPN. This is an observance of San Francisco's health offices order prohibiting events of a thousand people or more.

In other news Apple is closing all 17 retail stores in Italy due to the coronavirus. The stores will be closed until further notice.

New York state reports 39 new coronavirus cases for a total of 212. Gov. Cuomo says the total cases in New York will continue to go up "dramatically". The CUNY and SUNY will move to distance learning starting March 19.  

Well with the crowds this year for the Warriors you won't even be able to tell... Their crowds have been HORRIBLE especially when Curry had gone down, it was like watching Atlanta Thrashers again.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

India suspends all tourist visas over coronavirus

Wed 11 Mar 2020 18:00:21 GMT

India shuts down tourism

That's a big move. If anyone needs to get ahead of this, it's India.

There are currently 60 confirmed cases in the country of 1.34 billion. I can't even fathom the amount of suffering in a country like India in a total pandemic.

China is shut down.

Bangladesh is suffering

Australia is shutting down

South Korea is shutting down

India is now shutting down tourism and is prepared to shut down factories and large gatherings.

Outside of Australia, these are some of the worlds largest populations, economies and essential areas for shipping and production to the rest of the world.  If India indeed does grind to a halt economically in the same way China has pumped the brakes.  Its game over for the financial world for some time

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

China is shut down.

Bangladesh is suffering

Australia is shutting down

South Korea is shutting down

India is now shutting down tourism and is prepared to shut down factories and large gatherings.

Outside of Australia, these are some of the worlds largest populations, economies and essential areas for shipping and production to the rest of the world.  If India indeed does grind to a halt economically in the same way China has pumped the brakes.  Its game over for the financial world for some time

Yup and it will be ugly for quite some time. But eventually the virus will pass and then they will overstimulate financially speaking with interest rates at or near zero and you will see the mother of all bubbles. It's the only way they know.

24 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Printing these out, I'll put them up myself at Save-On.

You would think condoms and lube would be selling out.

The world is coming to an end. The first thing I think about doing isn't "Oh I think I will go take a massive dump now".

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yup and it will be ugly for quite some time. But eventually the virus will pass and then they will overstimulate financially speaking with interest rates at or near zero and you will see the mother of all bubbles. It's the only way they know.

In the interim, anyone with no debt and some money to throw in to some soft markets is going to make flipping bank.

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Or the virus will mutate and the financial markets will be the least of the world's worries.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In the interim, anyone with no debt and some money to throw in to some soft markets is going to make flipping bank.

This is a current chart of Boeing. Wouldn't touch it here as the news flow is horrendous.

The 52 wk high is $446.49, it's currently fetching $192.66. More than cut in half.

ba.jpg

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

the question in my mind is do you jump in when you think it hits bottom (prob impossible to predict) or do you wait for it to start recovering to jump in...

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Or the virus will mutate and the financial markets will be the least of the world's worries.

That's what worries me.  I was listening to a program on CBC saying they're worried this virus will hit the sweet spot where it's mild enough most people won't go to a doc and still go to work.  Then it will ravage the care homes and mutate 

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This is a current chart of Boeing. Wouldn't touch it here as the news flow is horrendous.

The 52 wk high is $446.49, it's currently fetching $192.66. More than cut in half.

ba.jpg

provided nothing unforeseen happens and this virus dissipates in 2 months time, this will be  a worthy buy I'd say in the next 48 hours if one was to hold on to it

Just now, Darius said:

the question in my mind is do you jump in when you think it hits bottom (prob impossible to predict) or do you wait for it to start recovering to jump in...

Honestly, I'd say you have until the end of next week, MAYBE the end of spring break to catch any significant deals.  Like that Boeing stock, it won't tank until probably Monday or so when the government steps in.  Monday maybe Tuesday as such you have to know there's some $$$ in it.  The Boeing Max issue is still around so it's stock was already hurting.  but once they figure that out, the max liners start flying and selling again and this virus dissipates that stock will be a $500 deal