The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Its now official, Coronavirus can spread through digital contact. You should immediately scrub down your cell phone and all other electronics you own, with a good, heavy bleach based solution.

For best results, immerse them in a tub of bleach for 2 - 4 hours.

Remember, most new cars now have an IP as well, to reduce the chance of it transmitting through your car, you should scrub the whole thing down with Brillo pads. 

Please note, my above post was just to see if we had any Leaf's fans following the board, they will believe ANYTHING including that their team is a contender.

I do not recommend that any Canuck fans follow these instructions, ONLY Leaf's fans!!!

30 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If the only option is to play without fans then they should just cancel the respected sporting events tbh.

They should make sure there are no blackouts, so those fans can still enjoy watching at home.

Be weird to not have fans in attendance, but especially for leagues late in the season, like hockey and basketball, it's not terribly fair to the players to cancel things now.

March Madness 2020 will be played without fans because of coronavirus

March Madness 2020 will be unlike any NCAA Tournament ever.

The NCAA announced on Wednesday that both the men’s and women’s NCAA basketball tournaments will be played without fans after consulting with its coronavirus advisory panel.

“Based on [the panel’s] advice and my discussions with the NCAA Board of Governors, I have made the decision to conduct our upcoming championship events, including the Division I men’s and women’s basketball tournaments, with only essential staff and limited family attendance,” NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement.

The deadly virus was upgraded to a pandemic on Wednesday afternoon, less than a week before the field of 68 was set to tip off with the First Four in Dayton.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/march-madness-2020-will-be-played-without-fans-because-of-coronavirus/

47 minutes ago, Russ said:

Haha mines theres until Tuesday so I got a few days to invest without her knowing! 

Sent mine to Kauai for a girls trip, 2 weeks and she comes back all tanned up and refreshed.  So I get some serious grace and freedom for a bit here.

Plus I have to be in San Francisco for a contract April 1st though 4th and it's ground zero for the Coronavirus.  Planning on picking it up coming home and giving her an additional 3 week vacation of sorts.

Her company just offered 3 weeks at 70% for anyone diagnosed or quarantined with it

Edited by Warhippy

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sent mine to Kauai for a girls trip, 2 weeks and she comes back all tanned up and refreshed.  So I get some serious grace and freedom for a bit here.

Plus I have to be in San Francisco for a contract April 1st though 4th and it's ground zero for the Coronavirus.  Planning on picking it up coming home and giving her an additional 3 week vacation of sorts.

Her company just offered 3 weeks at 70% for anyone diagnosed or quarantined with it

Damn where do I sign up for that. 

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

Hope I have at least 10 days

Bonus payment incoming  :frantic:

Well if the bonus payment is incoming. Why not take a cash advance on the credit card and get in there? :frantic:

You know you're not going to get this kind of quality investing advice at your local Edward Jones branch, right?

• Haha 1

US Congress' attending doctor says expects coronavirus infections to number 70 to 150 million

Wed 11 Mar 2020 23:51:42 GMT

US media report on 'closed meeting' comments from Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court.

• a closed-door meeting Tuesday that included Senate administrative office staff and personnel from both parties
The report adds:
  • Marc Lipsitch, professor of epidemiology at Harvard, said earlier this month that he thinks about 40% to 70% of the world's population could become infected with the virus, and of those, 1% will die
1% of 70 million (let alone the upper estimate) is 700,000 dead. 

World population is 7.7 billion, 70% of that is 5.39 billion, 1% of that is 539,000,000.
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1