The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He's talking about the '72 Team Canada....

I get that however, we supported team Canada very well in 2010 so harping on something that happened nearly 50 years ago is lame imo 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What still blows my mind is this situation is like you are on the Titanic. Once the ship has hit the iceberg. The lifeboats are the only real chance. But economists go on about getting back to business and work. There is an element of survival yes. We all want to survive. But you can throw all the money you want at the crewmen putting people in the lifeboats. Unless that's helping thier families, offering money is useless. 

What's all your money going to do when you are in the Atlantic in near freezing water?

Maybe this is a warning to the world. We've seen how fast once pollution stops how nature repairs itself. Maybe Mother Nature is giving us a last warning. To get our crap together and try making the world a better place for all. Not just the pursuit of wealth and power. 

Speaking of stimulus checks and people the world would be better off without.....

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/493237-louisiana-pastor-donate-stimulus-checks-evangelists

A Louisiana pastor who has drawn criticism for holding in-person church services despite coronavirus guidelines is asking people to donate their stimulus checks to evangelists who “haven’t had an offering in a month.”

In a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, the Rev. Tony Spell called on the public to get behind a new online challenge he is dubbing the #PastorSpellStimulusChallenge.

There are three rules to the challenge, Spell said in the video. The first rule is that it starts on Sunday. The second, he said, is for people to “donate your stimulus money.”

“Rule number three,” he continued, is to “donate it to evangelists, North American evangelists who haven’t had an offering in a month; missionaries, who haven’t had an offering in a month; music ministers, who haven’t had an offering in a month.”

<_<

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I get that however, we supported team Canada very well in 2010 so harping on something that happened nearly 50 years ago is lame imo 

I don't think he was "harping". The whole thing was pretty much tongue in cheek, from what I can recall.

I think maybe Vancouverites are a tad sensitive about this sort of thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

How awful,

I don't understand the details yet.

He seemed to be mobile, killings spread out.

He had a fake cruiser and RCMP Uni?

Wish they hadn't killed him, I would like these types kept alive to endure suffering and pain for the rest of their incarcerated miserable life. Death is the easy way out. 

Only if you send him to another country to serve his sentence. 
Prisons in Canada are cushy, not as cushy as Sweden and Norway but still nice enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did you read the early part of the convo? or did you sleep through that?

I was just making a light jab about what actually happened. My next post clarified that I love Vancouver, cause I do and even pointed out that how the team was treated could have been the motivation that they needed for victory.

Heres an article for you, saying exactly that. 

https://thetyee.ca/Life/2012/09/08/1972-Summit-Series/

• Thanks 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Only if you send him to another country to serve his sentence. 
Prisons in Canada are cushy, not as cushy as Sweden and Norway but still nice enough.

Yeah....maybe we could lease Gitmo....unless you guys aren't done with it? B)

• Haha 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

You guys are too nice to send people to a place like that.

They even have McD.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa69516281366c6f4bbc72c52b291ca9.jpeg

What would be real punishment is giving the prisoners a McDonalds, but only serving Filet o' Fish and McRibs....

Cruel and unusual.....

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What would be real punishment is giving the prisoners a McDonalds, but only serving Filet o' Fish and McRibs....

Cruel and unusual.....

Serving time in ADX, Pelican Bay, Corcoran, Angola, Sing Sing, Folsom etc. is real hard time.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Cruel and unusual.....

Food is has a good chance at being 'halal' as there is no actual meat in any McDonald's product.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Serving time in ADX, Pelican Bay, Corcoran, Angola, Sing Sing, Folsom etc. is real hard time.

You obviously have the edge in experience when it comes to this line of discussion, so I defer to your superior expertise....B)

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You obviously have the edge in experience when it comes to this line of discussion, so I defer to your superior expertise....B)

My knowledge is theoretical, It comes from watching lot of prison shows.

I do know a guy who’s grandpa died in ADX supermax prison where he was serving life sentence.

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if we're going to be OK with flat or even occasional economic decline, then we're going to have to stop bailing out companies in the name of saving jobs, and figure out how to not need large amounts of immigration to keep our standard of living going.  If you can be OK with that then we might not need as much growth. 

I have no issues with it.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Well, I'd say that hard time hadn't really done much to deter criminal activity in the US.  I think Canada looks pretty good in that respect.