The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Sorry mate but there’s no spinning to be had here. Trump has exposed himself as severely incompetent unable to strategize long-term, and looking for a short-term fix.

The same impatience that prevents him from reading a full page of words was used live on TV; can’t you just drink poison to clean it out.

This man has embarrassed an entire country that finds itself on the brinks of collapse. 

This is not a President. This is an Autocrat, willing to fire IGs for less scrutiny, decorated Captains of ships battleships whose voice fell on deaf ears, and now has carelessly and in serious tone, called for a mass suicide by inJECting cleaning products into the body, while “his people” are approaching a Vietnam War’s worth of dead.

There is no spinning possible. 

Mass suicide?  Really?

Thanks for helping prove some of my points.

To the rest of you, enjoy your thread, stay healthy, and take the time to understand the media you consume. 

I'm out.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Read my other posts.  I'm not defending him, I'm attacking the knee jerk responses. 

And, regarding his sarcasm, have you seen the things politicians will say to backpedal out of a sticky or unpopular situation?  If he was indeed sarcastic, that's not the place for it, and as I said to Deb, it's not the place sort spitballing either.

But like i also said, he was not attacked for spitballing, the idea itself was attacked.  Media put words in his mouth, and the memes ran wild.

What would happen if someone actually comes up with some internal treatment remotely close to what Trump talked about.  Would you give him credit for it? 

I don't think they are "knee jerk responses" though, people see his true intentions and lack of intelligence. He is a leader and people actually follow him and listen to him, that is very dangerous and peoples lives are actually in danger because of it. 

This pandemic requires leaders who are going to try and protect the people and not "appear" to do it while having ulterior motives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Read my other posts.  I'm not defending him, I'm attacking the knee jerk responses. 

And, regarding his sarcasm, have you seen the things politicians will say to backpedal out of a sticky or unpopular situation?  If he was indeed sarcastic, that's not the place for it, and as I said to Deb, it's not the place sort spitballing either.

But like i also said, he was not attacked for spitballing, the idea itself was attacked.  Media put words in his mouth, and the memes ran wild.

What would happen if someone actually comes up with some internal treatment remotely close to what Trump talked about.  Would you give him credit for it? 

It’s not the raw idea of “killing with light” or “disinfecting” that is the subject of scrutiny.

It’s the delivery of it, and the ad lib process of his uncontrolled mind that does the damage, along with his absolute corruption.

There’s a difference between killing cells with light (laser surgery), and shoving a UV tube up you know what which he, kind of suggested.

There’s a difference between finding an antibody to counter attack the crown that makes the virus stick, and drinking a bottle of Clorox. 

But to Trump, who attends Covid meetings ONCE A WEEK, Clorox is short for Hydroxychloroquine.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

I don't go to the Trump thread anymore.  Havent even looked in there in about 6 months, and don't miss it one bit.  For the same reasons I've mostly avoided this thread in the last month.

Believe what you want, I know I'm not changing many people's minds here.  It would just be nice to see journalists be journalists again, so that we get more truth.  The press is supposed to call out politician's lies, not make them up.

Journalists aren’t being journalists?

I think they’ve been showing some serious guts.

Dr. Birx showed symptoms of PTSD sitting there, quiet, while this buffoon free styled himself into infamy for some of the most idiotic display of brain pattern in the history of humanity.

These types of people bring others down to their level. They never get up to the occasion.

Journalists are calling him out daily and rightly so. Journalists are keeping a WTF on this guy. 

Perhaps this is more suitable to the ear?

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Mass suicide?  Really?

Thanks for helping prove some of my points.

To the rest of you, enjoy your thread, stay healthy, and take the time to understand the media you consume. 

I'm out.

Why can't we just watch the clip of Trump suggesting injecting disinfectant into the lungs as a possible treatment for COVID-19? 

160331195413-trump-quote-2-exlarge-169.j

Trump believes that he is a "stable genius" and that he knows more than the generals/doctors/scientists/experts. His supporters buy wholeheartedly into that. It's always a 4D chess move no matter what insanely dumb thing comes out of his fat lying mouth.

Trump could suggest playing in traffic and Republicans would say "Lamestream media doesn't want people to get exercise, obesity levels are at a all time high. Look at the number of Americans dying from heart disease. What's wrong with making suggestions? What if something good came out of this?"

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Brainstorming has it's place, and that place is not at a press conference addressing your nation on how things are going during a pandemic where a lot of people are scared. That press conference should be for conveying factual information about the virus and progress on the fight against it. If he was being sarcastic as he claims then that is even more irresponsible than using the podium for brainstorming.

But politics is the exact opposite of telling the truth and coming to the best solution for everyone. :frantic: haha :towel:

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

But politics is the exact opposite of telling the truth and coming to the best solution for everyone. :frantic: haha :towel:

Politics requires a system of recognizable, understandable and accepted set of rules.

This is not Politics. This is free for all, all out corruption, right in the open.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Politics requires a system of recognizable, understandable and accepted set of rules.

This is not Politics. This is free for all, all out corruption, right in the open.

ummm, yeah ... politics lol,

Anyways back on topic I notice more and more that social distancing is taking on new norms. I am currently working and while we adhere to social distancing as best as possible we make exceptions. They seem small. It's four feet, it's holding your breath and looking the other way as you pass in the hallway, remembering the wash instructions, ect. Most importantly my work colleagues have become like family because we are always in close proximity. It's had to imagine  all the rules we've broken and the dangers that may lurk but overall we are doing a good job.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

BC 

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

B.C.’s top doctor confirmed 95 new cases of the novel coronavirus Saturday, while the province’s death toll from the pandemic hit 100 people after two more patients died.

That’s a big jump. 

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

B.C.’s top doctor confirmed 95 new cases of the novel coronavirus Saturday, while the province’s death toll from the pandemic hit 100 people after two more patients died.

damn, still spreading there. is it mainly in Vancouver, if so maybe quarantine?