The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, Alflives said:

Think the NHL is taking a break now too?  Chinese basketball took a nine week break and are starting up soon.  I think it’s going to end up being 12 weeks total break.  Can the NHL take off that long and still complete the season?  Revenue is going to drop a lot.  

I have no idea. I'm not predicting anything to prevent sparking arguments and getting everyone scared and worked up.

Level heads usually prevail in these situations. No use fretting over something we dont know about or control.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

They won't put a travel ban on China so there's no hope in hell of anybody else being rejected. So basically we're wide open for anybody sick to come here. 

That's the problem, there isn't ONE Canadian politician or party that has the balls to do this. Trudeau won't, Harper wouldn't have, to name two.

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Brazilian who met Trump this weekend tests positive for coronavirus

Thu 12 Mar 2020 15:14:48 GMT

Spokesman for Bolsonaro tests positive

Spokesman for Bolsonaro tests positive

The spokesman for Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro (seen here beside Trump on the weekend) has tested positive for coronavirus.

Brazil says Bolsonaro is being monitored for coronavirus himself and there is talk that he's showing symptoms.

Trump was just asked about it and said he's not worried.

Why would he be worried?  His doctor said he was the healthiest person he's ever diagnosed before.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Not that I wish ill will upon others, but Duterte is being tested, Trump un-worried about being in contact with many of these cases...... there's still a chance!

Here's a thought. If the President and the Vice President are incapacitated. The third in line is the Speaker of the House.

President Pelosi :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

That's the problem, there isn't ONE Canadian politician or party that has the balls to do this. Trudeau won't, Harper wouldn't have, to name two.

Nope Canada is so tied to China there is no politician who would be ballsey enough to do that, China would have to be the ones who shut it down.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Why would he be worried?  His doctor said he was the healthiest person he's ever diagnosed before.

Heard KFC provides immunity against the virus and #fakenews so Mr. Orange is AOK

• Haha 2

One thing that also drives me nuts during this whole time, is all the people that keep parroting that masks don't work, and only people that are sick should wear them.

Yet, I have rarely seen anyone outside of Asia ever wear a mask when they're sick. They would just come into work or go out into the public sniffling, sneezing and coughing.

Also found this table on https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html, where CDC believes that face masks DOES provide some level of protection and lower the risk of infection. What we need to do is not discriminate the notion of wearing a mask, but to educate the public in using the masks in proper ways. 

image.png.3981f0072b3a5fe460338d3ff31ed4ae.png

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Here's a thought. If the President and the Vice President are incapacitated. The third in line is the Speaker of the House.

President Pelosi :lol:

How soon after would the US be bankrupt from free healthcare for all?  

2 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

One thing that also drives me nuts during this whole time, is all the people that keep parroting that masks don't work, and only people that are sick should wear them.

Yet, I have rarely seen anyone outside of Asia ever wear a mask when they're sick. They would just come into work or go out into the public sniffling, sneezing and coughing.

Also found this table on https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html, where CDC believes that face masks DOES provide some level of protection and lower the risk of infection. What we need to do is not discriminate the notion of wearing a mask, but to educate the public in using the masks in proper ways. 

image.png.3981f0072b3a5fe460338d3ff31ed4ae.png

I often get told even by strangers to wear a mask.  :shock:

6 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

Definitely such a different cultural piece. Most people in Asia wear a mask when they are sick so as to prevent the spread to others - thinking of others. Before moving to China, I thought it was primarily about preventing pollution - but that's definitely not the case. So they'll come to work, but they'll do everything they can to prevent the spread to others, versus the sniffling / coughing / sneezing that takes place in Canada (which all of us are guilty of).

And I think the mask situation is partly due to inability to provide for all healthcare providers. In China, they've mandated everyone wear a mask outside. That's a billion+ people wearing masks all of the time. They re-converted hundreds of factories to making masks to increase supply. That kind of capacity doesn't exist in North America - so what choice do the health care providers have? They need nurses/doctors to have access to masks (and even then, they will start to run out sooner than later, if numbers escalate quickly). If everyone else is hoarding masks in the same way as toilet paper, there won't be any for those that need it most (including those with high-risk co-morbidities)

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How soon after would the US be bankrupt from free healthcare for all?  

All those "free tests" if in fact they are testing in the US is free healthcare, so there's that. Oh, and how about bailing out the low income working class? What's another 8 Trillion to the US of A's debt?

• Cheers 1

NHL finally telling teams to fly home, no Nucks game tonight:frantic:.  If I bet $100 the Nucks wouldn't lose tonight does that mean I can buy $100 worth of toilet paper?

Imagine if they called the season and the Nucks just miss the playoffs by like 1 point lol, that would soooooo be the NHL.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've read on 'the onion' that vast amount of uric acid rubbed all over you prevents the virus from attacking your body.  Bone Spurs is safe.

I guess the are times when “pissing into the wind” is the better option”.