The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

21 hours ago, milk and honey said:

I think the virus is serious but just to use an example Floyd had covid and his death went down as a covid death even if it wasn't. People like elderly who were already in hospice or nursing homes with serious health problems if positive for covid their death was a covid so I think it is safe to say that the number is probably a bit lower than those that are told.

Anyways bc keep it going we are doing decent. The quicker this goes away the better. I miss normal life

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that?

Do you know something that the health professionals don’t know? 

If they didn’t do so many tests than the numbers wouldn’t be so high. Amirite?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that?

Do you know something that the health professionals don’t know? 

If they didn’t do so many tests than the numbers wouldn’t be so high. Amirite?

Because at the moment if you get killed but have covid. It's a covid death. They have been car accidents deaths from asymmetrical people and it went down as a covid death. 

The more tests the better imo. Tons of research and doctors and experts agree with me that death numbers are higher then reality. Also covid rarely kills healthy people. I believe I saw over 90% have underlying health problems. 

2 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Because at the moment if you get killed but have covid. It's a covid death. They have been car accidents deaths from asymmetrical people and it went down as a covid death. 

The more tests the better imo. Tons of research and doctors and experts agree with me that death numbers are higher then reality. Also covid rarely kills healthy people. I believe I saw over 90% have underlying health problems. 

Your answer speaks for itself. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's the anthem of the covid hoax crowd.  Every death in a hospital is bring chalked up to covid........none of them ever supply a source.

I would think in many developing  countries without adequate testing / resources  ... many deaths are being caused by covid but not being reported as such.

I would also think that in a well off country like Canada..... schools could afford a thermometer to heat test staff and students each day...... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I would think in many developing  countries without adequate testing / resources  ... many deaths are being caused by covid but not being reported as such.

I would also think that in a well off country like Canada..... schools could afford a thermometer to heat test staff and students each day...... 

Perhaps if the teachers spent their own money on such prevention devices (not should they have to) instead of wasting it on union dues for an organization that doesn’t bother to protect their interests.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Perhaps if the teachers spent their own money on such prevention devices (not should they have to) instead of wasting it on union dues for an organization that doesn’t bother to protect their interests.....

While I agree and disagree with the bctf on most things, I wouldn't want to teach without a union of some kind 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I also spend enough of my own money on classroom supplies, I don't think I should have to spend more on PPE that should be provided

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I also spend enough of my own money on classroom supplies, I don't think I should have to spend more on PPE that should be provided

I don’t know, hence my question but have the union leadership been there for a while?  Perhaps it’s time for some new blood in the BCTF?  Just seems so odd their stance on this.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I don’t know, hence my question but have the union leadership been there for a while?  Perhaps it’s time for some new blood in the BCTF?  Just seems so odd their stance on this.

I agree, I definitely feel thrown under the bus by the bctf.  No question

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, milk and honey said:

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Your answer speaks for itself. 

Loud and clear. :picard:

• Cheers 1

I know this is off topic, but since we are on page 961, I had to tell you why 961 is one of my favourite numbers. It follows a pattern where the first and last digits are perfect squares (of 3 and 1), and the middle digit is equal to twice the product of the square roots, (2x3x1=6). Whenever that happens the original number, 961, is a perfect square and its square root is the 3 and the 1. So square root of 961 = 31. Other numbers having the same pattern are 121, 1681, 441, 144, 169, etc.

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Great to be Canadian but BC is a banana republic most of the time. 

Luckily we have the Supreme Court of Canada which consistently gives the BC govenment a spanking and a timeout.

When a company / employer has effective management - there is no need for a union.   

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

I know this is off topic, but since we are on page 961, I had to tell you why 961 is one of my favourite numbers. It follows a pattern where the first and last digits are perfect squares (of 3 and 1), and the middle digit is equal to twice the product of the square roots, (2x3x1=6). Whenever that happens the original number, 961, is a perfect square and its square root is the 3 and the 1. So square root of 961 = 31. Other numbers having the same pattern are 121, 1681, 441, 144, 169, etc.

Psst.

It's summer.  School is over.

:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

do-you-mind-blown-meme.jpg.eb3f89864919fc82e2177345c3f83477.jpg

• Cheers 1

https://peanuts.fandom.com/wiki/555_95472

• Cheers 1

Hugo's Tacos closes temporarily after employees are harassed by mask-averse patrons

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hugos-tacos-closes-temporarily-after-employees-are-harassed-by-mask-averse-patrons/ar-BB165vpV?li=BBnbfcL

Hugo's employees who have offered customers masks have been met with a barrage of stubborn but similar responses, Kohne said: "You can't tell me what to do. You can’t infringe on my personal liberties."

This is why the USA is experiencing a surge.  People who don't care about anyone else but themselves.