The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, BPA said:

They just taking the long scenic route. 

Ya know through Banff up to Edmonton to Toronto to Nova Scotia to Quebec to NWT then back to BC to Yukon to Alaska.

Hahah.  They might even come see the big nickel on their way too.

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Ya know through Banff up to Edmonton to Toronto to Nova Scotia to Quebec to NWT then back to BC to Yukon to Alaska.

They should be made to submit their travel plans at the border and check in at certain points on their route.  

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

They should be made to submit their travel plans at the border and check in at certain points on their route.  

RCMP fined 7 Americans last week for stopping to sightsee in Banff National Park

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rcmp-americans-banff-alaska-1.5621452

"If individuals have been allowed to enter Canada for an essential purpose, they have to abide by the requirements provided to them by the CBSA," said RCMP Cpl. Deanna Fontaine.

Fontaine said at least six of the seven tickets issued last week were related to Americans who had stopped for long periods of time to go hiking in Banff National Park.

Each of the tickets was issued under the Alberta Health Act at a rate of $1,200 each

At least they are not getting away with it any more.

Edited by BPA
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BPA said:

You're missing a leg on that journey....

You'd have to go Banff up to Jasper and then East to Edmonton....

37 minutes ago, BPA said:

COVID-19: Playland will reopen in July

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/covid-19-playland-will-reopen-in-july/ar-BB15XZUX?ocid=eventhub

The PNE says up to a dozen of the popular rides will open July 10 in the first phase and then more rides will open up later. The exhibition says it will work with health authorities to ensure staff are following all pandemic-related safety protocols.

Playland attendees will receive a “fun” face mask with their ticket purchase, the PNE said.

The Fair at the PNE is also expected to partly open in August. It will be a drive-thru experience that will include Fair favourites such as the SuperDogs.

I'm curious as how this will work. 

Normally I hate the crowds and long lines but maybe online ticket purchases with designated hours won't be bad??

Masks and having personal sanitizer should be mandatory. I am not sure how some of the rides will work since you'll be shoulder to shoulder with people at times.

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Masks and having personal sanitizer should be mandatory. I am not sure how some of the rides will work since you'll be shoulder to shoulder with people at times.

imagine the roller coaster with everyone screaming.  Also, they would need to sanitize the cars/rides after every trip.  Not sure if they can adhere to the guidelines.

Just now, coho8888 said:

imagine the roller coaster with everyone screaming.  Also, they would need to sanitize the cars/rides after every trip.  Not sure if they can adhere to the guidelines.

They'd probably have to keep a lot of rides shut down so it'll be a dubbed down PNE/Playland.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

BC gov says kids can't get covid... thats why school kids and school staff got no masks / sanitizer.  last 2 months......

Edited by kingofsurrey

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

No they didn't. they said it was extremely unlikely.

.  Being naive is nice....... but it also dangerous.....

Some schools in South Africa have been temporarily shut after coronavirus cases were reported this week, local media reported on Tuesday.

More than 180 students at the Makaula Senior Secondary School in Mount Frere in the Eastern Cape province tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, according to a report by the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/covid-19-spreads-to-schools-in-south-africa/1887226

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

.  Being naive is nice....... but it also dangerous.....

Some schools in South Africa have been temporarily shut after coronavirus cases were reported this week, local media reported on Tuesday.

More than 180 students at the Makaula Senior Secondary School in Mount Frere in the Eastern Cape province tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, according to a report by the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/covid-19-spreads-to-schools-in-south-africa/1887226

Senior Secondary kids are not under 10 years old which is the group that was being talked about when it was said it was very unlikely. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Senior Secondary kids are not under 10 years old which is the group that was being talked about when it was said it was very unlikely. 

We are very fortunate in BC and actually in Canada to see that our Covid numbers are dropping and we seem to have in controlled so what.

Sure how we can maintain our safe behavours  - use PPE , masks, and socially distance.  Looks like all BC university's are smart and going 100% online only in Sept.    Great to see people making safe decisions...

Quebec Elementary students and staff....

Between May 11 and May 31, 78 cases were confirmed among students and staff across multiple schools.

The Ministry of Education in Quebec told CBC Kids News that in the span of three weeks, 44 students and 34 staff members had tested positive for the disease.

https://www.cbc.ca/kidsnews/post/44-students-in-quebec-have-confirmed-cases-of-covid-since-schools-reopened

Edited by kingofsurrey

I get to brag that I hired a guy once and taught him about production and intelligent lights design. He ended up taking my job when I left. 

The student outshone the master.

He became the Canucks lighting tech last year.

Obviously he is sad about covid cause he had not worked much before the season was cancelled. 

He just sent me what he did in the down time..

A Canuck drive through... I think it was somewhere outside the arena.

Resized_20200609_183720.jpeg.6bf36c10f14d479af38a2cc6d11f2e84.jpeg

Oh and they were getting ready to be a hub city, ready for ice...

Resized_20200625_172545_0.thumb.jpeg.f9e31f2da5039c1396e08dc0d327a4c0.jpeg

So sad...just look at our empty Garage. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A Canuck drive through... I think it was somewhere outside the arena.

Resized_20200609_183720.jpeg.6bf36c10f14d479af38a2cc6d11f2e84.jpeg

Oh and they were getting ready to be a hub city, ready for ice...

Resized_20200625_172545_0.thumb.jpeg.f9e31f2da5039c1396e08dc0d327a4c0.jpeg

So sad...just look at our empty Garage. 

That is actually in the building (loading bay).

As for the ice, they were putting it in regardless in preparation for players returning next week.

This story from a young Vancouver based lawyer describing her ongoing symptoms after recovering from COVID is interesting.  I'm cutting and pasting from Twitter as the story is about 8 tweets long so didn't want to link all of them.  

After having COVID in March, I did not think I had any long-term health consequences other than a little shortness of breath. Of course, like everything with COVID, we still barely know anything. And I barely know what it has done to my body.

Since recovering, I have had 2 ER visits, three COVID swabs, and countless unexplainable symptoms of illness.

I will be fine for several weeks, and then suddenly my body will start to run a fever. I will get chest pains, a cough, shortness of breath, a viral rash all over my face with redness into my eyes at times, and muscle aches.

When these symptoms appear they last for a week to ten days, and then just go away.

Each time I've gone to the ER on the recommendation of health professionals, and each time I've had a complete blood workup, urine tests, and chest x-rays. Other than the symptoms, I am a picture of perfect health. There is no apparent cause for them.

This never happened to me before getting COVID. This is new after having the virus. Is it connected? I don't know. It's a mystery. Why I have these symptoms is a mystery, but I know there are people who have inflammatory responses after COVID and I may be in that group.

I don't know whether this is forever, or just for now, or whether the periods between flare ups will get longer and longer. I want to find answers, but science and available medical testing doesn't have them for me.

Since I think it's important to share my experiences with COVID, I also think it's important to share this. It may not be connected, but I have a really big feeling that it is. And others should know that this may happen to them too.

So many questions and so few answers.  Wear a mask, stay away from others, wash your hands.  

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, skategal said:

This story from a young Vancouver based lawyer describing her ongoing symptoms after recovering from COVID is interesting.  I'm cutting and pasting from Twitter as the story is about 8 tweets long so didn't want to link all of them.  

After having COVID in March, I did not think I had any long-term health consequences other than a little shortness of breath. Of course, like everything with COVID, we still barely know anything. And I barely know what it has done to my body.

Since recovering, I have had 2 ER visits, three COVID swabs, and countless unexplainable symptoms of illness.

I will be fine for several weeks, and then suddenly my body will start to run a fever. I will get chest pains, a cough, shortness of breath, a viral rash all over my face with redness into my eyes at times, and muscle aches.

When these symptoms appear they last for a week to ten days, and then just go away.

Each time I've gone to the ER on the recommendation of health professionals, and each time I've had a complete blood workup, urine tests, and chest x-rays. Other than the symptoms, I am a picture of perfect health. There is no apparent cause for them.

This never happened to me before getting COVID. This is new after having the virus. Is it connected? I don't know. It's a mystery. Why I have these symptoms is a mystery, but I know there are people who have inflammatory responses after COVID and I may be in that group.

I don't know whether this is forever, or just for now, or whether the periods between flare ups will get longer and longer. I want to find answers, but science and available medical testing doesn't have them for me.

Since I think it's important to share my experiences with COVID, I also think it's important to share this. It may not be connected, but I have a really big feeling that it is. And others should know that this may happen to them too.

So many questions and so few answers.  Wear a mask, stay away from others, wash your hands.  

Sounds like she developed Auto-Immune Disease.   Where her immune system is out of whack and attacking her body even though it's healthy. 

Just my opinion. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Sounds like she developed Auto-Immune Disease.   Where her immune system is out of whack and attacking her body even though it's healthy. 

Just my opinion. 

Yeh, she was apparently at a law conference in the US in early March, got sick as soon as she got home.  Never hospitalized, but interesting longer term effects.  Again seems to show that there isn't a clear pattern of how the disease will affect people.  Certainly it's clear older people may be at more risk, but have heard of people in their 90's recovering just fine.  People with underlying health issues have more risk, but then some people develop awful issues as their body attacks itself.  Nick Cordero is a solid example, 41 years old and no underlying health issues.  85 days and counting in the ICU, lost a leg, severe lung damage, may not survive or recover his health.  

• Upvote 2