The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Bucket List Thread

Sean Monahan

Just now, BoKnows said:

I just watched a video on Slovenia today.  The country is sprawling with beauty.

I've always wanted to see the Tetons, might as well make a ski vacation out of it.  I also forgot to mention Australia and NZ.  Honestly if CANZUK becomes a reality I'd consider relocating to Australia.

Too many things that can kill you in Australia for me. New Zealand would be preferable in my opinion.

Which reminds me, Te Araroa is definitely a bucket list item.

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Too many things that can kill you in Australia for me. New Zealand would be preferable in my opinion.

Which reminds me, Te Araroa is definitely a bucket list item.

I agree no Snakes in New Zealand

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

I'm only 27 and at times I wonder if I'll even see it in my lifetime.

On a serious note....you may see that Stanley Cup sooner than you think.  With the youth you guys have coming in, I could easily see the Canucks winning one or more in the next 5 years.

On a lighter note....27 years, pfft.  We Cubs' fans laugh at the thought of waiting a measly 27 years for a championship. 

• Cheers 1

Getting married and becoming a father are probably my two biggest ones yet to be achieved, but I'd also love to see the Canucks win the Cup, as with most here. Aside from that, I don't think I really have any big bucket list items.

I've done most things that were(in 20's & 30's) important to me. Feel that adverts & social media exert external pressures upon us, which are best to be immune to. There's a hollowness it feels, in pursuing things that are mostly more important to others.

Separate the wants & needs. Determine what NEEDS to be done. The 'wants' are later gravy(if one is so lucky).

Another fun one is find a goal/skill that no one you know is very adept(or even, really cares about). Something that takes the proverbial 10,000 hrs to become proficient at. Freeing up available time is not easy for many. As the decades roll by, you start realizing the changing ratio, regarding importance of time:money

1 hour ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I have my own webpage dedicated to my Bucket List adventures

http://thislifelist.com/

The pandemic has put a dent in my pursuits as of late, but im looking forward to 2021 being more accessible to check off more adventures.

This was absolutely awesome to check out!  If my life is filled with half the adventures you have had it would have been a good life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

On a serious note....you may see that Stanley Cup sooner than you think.  With the youth you guys have coming in, I could easily see the Canucks winning one or more in the next 5 years.

On a lighter note....27 years, pfft.  We Cubs' fans laugh at the thought of waiting a measly 27 years for a championship. 

I think we've got a decent shot but I'll believe it when it happens. In the meantime, I'll continue the self-loathing that is so customary for us Canucks fans. 

If the Cubs could do it, I suppose anybody can. They did rely on a Boston import to help build that WS team, much like we are with the Canucks here...

2 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I have my own webpage dedicated to my Bucket List adventures

http://thislifelist.com/

The pandemic has put a dent in my pursuits as of late, but im looking forward to 2021 being more accessible to check off more adventures.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Getting married and becoming a father are probably my two biggest ones yet to be achieved, but I'd also love to see the Canucks win the Cup, as with most here. Aside from that, I don't think I really have any big bucket list items.

@canuckpuckluck15 that's awesome man! Feel free to share as much as you'd like with us here. My thinking behind this thread is to share ideas for people to discover new things they may want to check out and to see what kind of experiences the fine people of CDC long for.

@-AJ- bucket list item is a wife and kids? Nerddddd

I had a class in college taught by my baseball coach ("Student-Athlete Success", or in more common vernacular, a "GPA Booster"). One of the projects was a presentation on your life's vision, career goals, bucket list, etc. The tenth and final item of my bucket list was to get married and start a family. There was a painful silence for a few seconds before it was broken by a well-aimed homophobic slur from one of my teammates in the back row.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I used to have marriage and kids as expected rites of passage in my life.  Marriage - achieved.  Kids - the longer I live in this world, the less I want to subject my offspring to this kind of bull$&!#.  I'm now very much at peace with the mutual decision my wife and I have about not having kids.  Would I shoot them dead if they were to sprout forth?  No.  If by chance I were to knock up my wife, then so be it.  I'll bear the responsibility of raising them to (try to) be upstanding citizens with good humanitarian values.  But we're definitely not actively seeking to throw our progeny into the gene pool, given the $&!#ty state of affairs of this world (and how we're going downhill faster and faster with each passing day).

I don't think my genes are so great that the human race depends on me to reproduce but I do think it would be pretty cool to have a little guy/girl that you can shape and mold. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Oh, I fully understand where you're coming from, because I used to think in much the same way.  In particular, that old-age security plan (you know, having them wipe my ass for me when I'm struck down with Alzheimers or at least having hope that my kid will give me a proper burial/cremation when I'm done with this world is a very tantalizing thought).  

But at the end of the day, I feel that's unfair to them and very selfish of me.

I think of it more like 1) Holy hell I'm gonna be bored when I'm an old man if I never have kids/grandkids, and 2) I think it would ultimately be more meaningful to raise a couple kids up "right" (i.e.: not to be a**holes) than it would to achieve great career success or something like that.

But my lord kids are expensive and the GVA ain't cheap to live in.

• Vintage 1

Been thinking of mine for awhile...COVID kind of ruined some of the plans.  When it's over I will:

1.  Try kickboxing

2.  Join a rowing club

3.  Travel.  Somewhere.  Anywhere.

4.  Write a children's book (been a writer my entire life)

5.  Do more hands on work at the animal shelter(s) I'm involved with

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Spend half a year traveling Southeast Asia before I'm too old to do half the outdoor stuff

WJHC in Russia (Will be doing this in 2023).

Ireland/Northern Ireland

Watch the Canucks hoist the cup

Go to a big NCAA football game

Visit Antarctica

I couldn't recommend this more. Spent 10 months in Asia from 2018-2019. It was a life-changing experience. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2