The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

4 hours ago, AK_19 said:

Any update on his recovery time? It feels like he's been out long past schedule.

I think at this point. The team needs to find another organization that would take him. This is such a gong show. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Him and Ferland have been very disappointing and have been eating up payroll for too long.. 

I blame the Lames... 

Ferland I don’t blame, he had concussion issues. I do blame Benning for signing him, but never blame the players for taking multi-million dollar offers. If the organization wants them, and it’s a good offer, why wouldn’t they take the deals? 

But yeah, the way Hamonic himself has handled himself, and how the organization has also handled the player - it’s been a disaster. Hamonic has not helped this team at all. They’ve been winning despite him, not because of him. They don’t need him really. The team has gone 9-1-1 without Hamonic in the line up. What does that say? It says to me that they don’t need him. 

I bet Rutherford is working the phones on trying to see if they can get anything for Hamonic. He does not add value to the team as of today. 

57 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Given all that has transpired, no team is going to want to take on the Hamonic headache for $3M next year. Best bet is to wait it out. If he comes back decent next year, he'll be far easier to move.

But what would change next year for Hamonic? 

I’m assuming this COVID situation is still going to be around this time next season. 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m assuming this COVID situation is still going to be around this time next season. 

what does covid have to do with his situation? it's not like he's not vaccinated anymore unless bettman is lying when he said bertuzzi is the only unvaccinated player in the nhl. beside it's his life his choice at this point being vaccinated or not makes almost no difference with omicron. only difference is whether you are likely to be more sick or less sick.. doesn't make u anymore immune than the guy with 3 or 4 shots of vaccination nor does it make u more or less contagious. 

On 1/8/2022 at 2:36 AM, N4ZZY said:

Hamonic is currently injured.  The fact that he has been out has nothing to do with COVID.  He's fully vaccinated.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we please ditch this waste of 3mil in cap space? Should have done it when he refused to show up for camp, then we should have done it when he wasn't fully vaxed and ready to go then we should have done it after he got the only point he scored this year back in early November: WHEN can we just dump this guy for a bag of pucks? 

Enough is enough, he is wasting everyone's time while collecting the 200 dollars from passing go with no intention of being  a part of the teams success at any point between now and the end of his contract. 

I was over Hamonic in the summer before he re-signed, and then way past done with him when he refused to show up for the contract he signed just 40 days earlier. <expletive deleted> this guy....he is not a Canuck. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, wai_lai416 said:

what does covid have to do with his situation? it's not like he's not vaccinated anymore unless bettman is lying when he said bertuzzi is the only unvaccinated player in the nhl. beside it's his life his choice at this point being vaccinated or not makes almost no difference with omicron. only difference is whether you are likely to be more sick or less sick.. doesn't make u anymore immune than the guy with 3 or 4 shots of vaccination nor does it make u more or less contagious. 

that we  still have to talk about this makes me angry: if we are all vaxxinated, covid will go away. The fact that a large %, hovering around 10 in 100 people are still stalling and playing footsy with the enemy (covid) is the reason we still have mass amounts of infections. You can't rip up a section of rail road track to prove the train was gonna crash anyways and then claim you knew all along the train was gonna crash..I guess you can but it makes you the bad guy. 

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

that we  still have to talk about this makes me angry: if we are all vaxxinated, covid will go away. The fact that a large %, hovering around 10 in 100 people are still stalling and playing footsy with the enemy (covid) is the reason we still have mass amounts of infections. You can't rip up a section of rail road track to prove the train was gonna crash anyways and then claim you knew all along the train was gonna crash..I guess you can but it makes you the bad guy. 

Nah if we all vaccinated covid will still be here but less ppl will end up in the hospital. Pretty sure vaccinated ppl spread and contracts the new variant just as easily as non vaccinated ppl, but if everyone is vaccinated then hopefully we can just treat it like a flu. Honestly reducing capacity etc doesn't really do anything ok you slow it down then what? Open it up again and it starts spreading again. As long as there's 1 person infected it will spread again and realistically 0 infection is impossible. So just get or force everyone to get vaccinated and just move on

15 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Pretty sure vaccinated ppl spread and contracts the new variant just as easily as non vaccinated ppl,

"Pretty sure" is not sure enough, when talking about a deadly virus.

But if you have a link, I'm willing to read it.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:49 AM, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. The way this has been handled by Hamonic, quite unprofessional. Can’t really see him getting another deal with the way he has behaved. The club signed him, but his antics, or whatever you want to call them, he hasn’t played in most of the games. Hopefully he can be moved. We don’t need a player like this on the team. 

I don’t even know where he is. Is he with Abby? Is he playing there? What is the update on Hamonic? 

He’s still a pretty good player.  Problem is, we can’t afford the luxury of having a part time player on the team given our cap situation.

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Can we please ditch this waste of 3mil in cap space? Should have done it when he refused to show up for camp, then we should have done it when he wasn't fully vaxed and ready to go then we should have done it after he got the only point he scored this year back in early November: WHEN can we just dump this guy for a bag of pucks? 

Enough is enough, he is wasting everyone's time while collecting the 200 dollars from passing go with no intention of being  a part of the teams success at any point between now and the end of his contract. 

I was over Hamonic in the summer before he re-signed, and then way past done with him when he refused to show up for the contract he signed just 40 days earlier. <expletive deleted> this guy....he is not a Canuck. 

No, he can't be traded whilst on LTIR.  Then, he has a NTC for the rest of this season.  Next season, he can

be traded.

In retrospect, it hasn't been a bad situation for the Nucks.  His cap hit is taken care of by the injury reserve status, and while he's been away, it has given Poolman time to get his game going.

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

"Pretty sure" is not sure enough, when talking about a deadly virus.

But if you have a link, I'm willing to read it.

there's plenty of research from different labs and university have already said the current vaccine offers little protection from getting infected with omicron variant. it offers around 33% protection from getting infected compared to 80% verus the other variants. but it does offer 70% protection against hopsitalization/severe disease. So obviously it's strongly suggested u get vaccinated so u don't get seriously ill. if the vaccine is that effective in preventing you from getting and spreading the covid then you would think we shouldn't be seeing record numbers of infection everyday compared to before when they shut everything down for weeks when less people were fully vaccinated?

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

there's plenty of research from different labs and university have already said the current vaccine offers little protection from getting infected with omicron variant. it offers around 33% protection from getting infected compared to 80% verus the other variants. but it does offer 70% protection against hopsitalization/severe disease. So obviously it's strongly suggested u get vaccinated so u don't get seriously ill. if the vaccine is that effective in preventing you from getting and spreading the covid then you would think we shouldn't be seeing record numbers of infection everyday compared to before when they shut everything down for weeks when less people were fully vaccinated?

So, in short form, you have no link.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

No, he can't be traded whilst on LTIR.  Then, he has a NTC for the rest of this season.  Next season, he can

be traded.

In retrospect, it hasn't been a bad situation for the Nucks.  His cap hit is taken care of by the injury reserve status, and while he's been away, it has given Poolman time to get his game going.

Believe it is an 8-team no trade clause, so that leaves a bunch of teams that we could potentially trade him to...just sayin'...