The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Demko is going to feel right at home tonight coming back to the same barn where he got peppered a ton vs Vegas. Gut feeling that McDavid and the Coil Cult will be throwing everything at Thatch the Snatch tonight. Keep on Demmering on boys! Coil will give us a fight but we take it in OT!

Edited by EP Phone Home

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

With Ferland + Hawryluk on LTIR we can use up to 3.5 + 0.8 = 4.3m of LTIR relief

Capfriendly showing us at $85.5m right now, with LE on the roster and Bailey on taxi squad.

So this means that we are using $4m of the available LTIR relief. We are not banking any cap space.

When we move LE to the taxi squad we drop our cap hit by $1.075m and bringing Bailey onto the roster adds $750k. Theoretically we "save" $325k in cap hit, but all this really means is that we are now using $3.625m of LTIR relief instead of $4m. No actual difference because we are still not banking any cap space.

I have to say, that I do not understand "banking" cap space

I thought that was not actually possible.

but otherwise I agree.

Isn't the first day of the season like a "high water mark"?

by being as close to the cap as possible + adding LITR gives us a higher "possible cap" if for instance Jim wanted to make a trade for $4M player?

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Also gonna apologize in advance guys, if me having a few too many was our good luck charm yesterday, gonna be a rough night. If we're down at some point I'll start drinking beer for the team's luck, but I won't enjoy it. Until I enjoy it. 

I may have pounded a few more than I shoulda last night.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Anybody else part of the clean hands club?  

Buttered popcorn with pecorino, black pepper, and fresh garlic is no match for chopsticks.  

Chopsticks are gold.

When we were still working at head office. My co-worker had a bag of Doritos. And was eating them with chopsticks. I said "That is bloody brilliant!" 

He said yes, fingers are clean. But the mouth still gets orange.

LOL.

• Cheers 1

trying to read this thread is impossible, read a page and then theres 3 more in that time!

good to be back all!

thought we were gonna lose yesterday.

hope edler has recovered from his 25 minutes.

hope we play the same game, wait for them to make a mistake and capitalize.

although if we played that with a lead, could be something special to watch them come from behind...

last change - bet we win tonight.