The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You can’t sugar coat the last 2 games 

most are calling it like it is 

you want them all to say “oh well that’s ok they are having fun and that’s all that matters”?

or it’s ok I still love the team even though we are playing like hot garbage 

hey, moral victories are also victories!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

It's frustrating but the overreactions on these boards is laughable. Do people not realize there will be great stretches and bad stretches? That's exactly how it goes and this panic is so Leaf HF.

Sure the PP and pK sucks but it's 3 games. Once we have a good stretch the same people will be saying the complete opposite. Everybody step back off the ledge.

3 games this year, where all games are 4pt games is like the equivalent of 6 games dude, everything is magnified and the frustration is warranted.

I had the Canuck game recording on the PVR while I watched the rest of the Ravens/Bills in real time. Just finished “catching up” in the Canuck game, fast forwarding through commercials and the first intermission. Thus far I’ve been underwhelmed by the performance of our hometown team. Feeling grumpy but no panic by a long shot. Really notice the opposition trying to get extra shots in on EP and Hughes.

Edited by Locke Lamora

Just now, Greenman Wannabe said:

3 games this year, where all games are 4pt games is like the equivalent of 6 games dude, everything is magnified and the frustration is warranted.

And, there aren't enough games this year to go through a prolonged streak.

We're 5% done the season after tonight.

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

It's frustrating but the overreactions on these boards is laughable. Do people not realize there will be great stretches and bad stretches? That's exactly how it goes and this panic is so Leaf HF.

Sure the PP and pK sucks but it's 3 games. Once we have a good stretch the same people will be saying the complete opposite. Everybody step back off the ledge.

With respect, it’s a 56 game season, so this game 3, is like a game 8, and if they were playing this way during a game 8, people would be calling for Green’s head, not just his assistant coaches.  Two periods in, zero adjustments.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Looks like more of the same but it's still early. No chemistry yet. If Schmidt and Hamonic don't make a difference, I'll tend to agree.

I think that Schmidt and Hamonic will settle out and be good for the Canucks

I also think that once Miller is back, its going to make a huge difference to the forward group because as it sits now, we have players higher up the line up than they are capable of playing

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Every year the first handful of games to start the season are deeply over analyzed because everyone is excited (myself included).

I'm sure we’ll come into form soon. Also, I think we’re seeing right now how important of a piece Miller is to our team. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

I think it's a coaching thing. Any system that doesn't involve movement over the course of 2 powerplays needs a serious adjustment. It's been this way for a while and it's only gotten more stationary the more skill we've added to it. 

Maybe. But the players are the ones that do it.

Right now its just Hughes/Petey/Boeser passing it around at the top, would an NHL coach really tell their players not to involve the other 2 players at all? Not have another play - besides a 1T - to get someone in the bumper spot? (which they've done in the past)

Petey & Hughes are trying hard, they know they have to carry this team. I think they are trying too hard to get a goal & are stuck trying to find the perfect play.