The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petey’s slump. How many more games?

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

He looks hesitant to hit the 1 t not sure why.

I'd park him on the pp and tell him to hit it till his arms got tired.

He'd end up with 2 goals and 1 assist or another lane would open up.

Don't get me wrong he'll heat up just needs another game.

Edited by Chris12345

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He will figure it out. 

His skating is there. 

He's just not thinking two steps ahead like before.

He needs to channel his Asgardian powers.

"Whomever holds this hammer/hockey stick, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor!"

2000072219_ThorPettersson.jpg.2bacc6eddb86dfd93ab0ba2a93838d81.jpg

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 11:01 PM, khay said:

Those -2 aren't his fault. Defence was poor and goaltending was sub-par.

The teams are checking him hard, on the PP, they are blocking passing and shooting lanes from Petey. That opened up down low plays, so I'd say just let it be. His presence alone has a positive effect on our offence.

One of them was directly his fault. Just sayin. He will be fine though. He looked good last night, not so much tonight.  Growing pains. 

Edited by cuporbust

For some reason Petey just don't put up points against Canadian teams since last season.

Last Season in 15 GP vs. Canadian Opponents: Pettersson has 1G and 1A (2 points in 15 games)

Like I have to check multiple times to make sure that stat isn't wrong. He only had 2 points last year and both came against Ottawa. Which means he had no points against Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal. That is actually very stunning for a guy his talent level if you ask me.

So by virtue of math, Petey absolutely feasted on American Teams last season: 64 points in 53 GP.

Bad News: we don't get to play American teams this season, Petey will have to figure this out.

If I were Green I'd swap Petey and Bo for a game or two. Can't hurt, we're arguably the worst team in the league anyway. Pearson and Hoglander have been quiet, and maybe Petey and Hoglander will have some chemistry. Meanwhile Brock and Bo have been two of the best forwards in the league and Miller has 5 assists in 3 games. 

We're going to get bollocked defensively but need to shake Petey up. He's doing good things like screening but that pass on the PP to try and get through two Canadiens leading to the Toffoli breakaway was embarassing.