The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

According to Hughes there a step in the right direction?

Yes that was a scary quote. They are satisfied for playing well for 8 minutes. Hmmmm. They should be angry. Who is holding these players feet to the fire? You should come out with fire and they don't.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Seguin said:

I HATE how they are downplaying their horrendous play.

someone show SOME anger and emotion rather than “step in the right direction”

that is horse crap.

you lost 5-2 and it’s a “step in the right direction”.

I agree, there’s positivity and there’s reality. You want a leader to step in and say “this is BS, we are professional hockey players and the effort we’re putting on the ice is completely 100% unacceptable!” Then back those words up with action! They can say anything they want but talk is cheap. 

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who are they going to hire?  What are they going to do for two weeks without a coach?

Face it, no one is getting fired, no one is getting traded in a pandemic/quarantine year.  If they're unhappy with Green they'll let his contract expires and take the high draft pick

I really don’t think it is a Green issue.

I do think his assistants need to go though, and the biggest issue being I do think TG and JB don’t share the same vision.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Why do posters continue to whine about players we lost, should have kept , poor trading etc? It’s done, deal with it. Pointless posts.

we need to hang in there for this season, tank you.

Next year we try to get all 3 Hughes.

Only petey, Quinn, horvat and Miller should be safe from trading. All the rest, meh.

12 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Oh I absolutely agree.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Hog - Horvat - XXX

XXX - Gaudette - XXX

XXX - Mac - XXX

Should be our lineup. We have 5 plug stoppers that need to go.

Gaudette needs two good bottom six guys with him. He is sort of a mystery right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Just now, b3. said:

I really don’t think it is a Green issue.

I do think his assistants need to go though, and the biggest issue being I do think TG and JB don’t share the same vision.

That's a possibility, though I think that's just making excuses for poor play by the players on the ice.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Feels like Willie D era all over again...fmlFrustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

:sick:

It’s like the opposite of the Willy era style wise with three times the talent and a somehow worse result.  

I still believe this team’ll turn it around but I’m also glad we still have our 1st.  Damn have we dug ourselves into a hole to start the season.  

Good news is the cap situation starts to fix itself this offseason - but it won’t be worth much if we don’t get back on track on the ice.