The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Bennett requests trade

34 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

The only reason why I would not be in favor of a Bennett-Virtanen trade is that it's interdivisional not only for this season but next.  It otherwise might not be a bad trade for either team.  As annoying as Bennett's rookie playoffs were for a Canucks fan, he's been at least a decent role player in the league and is at this point a more reliable and versatile player than Virtanen (maybe only slightly though...).  If Virtanen ever puts it all together, then he could be a superior player to Bennett unless Bennett also puts it altogether.

If Bennett-Virtanen happens, then that would mean that 4/18 of Canucks skaters who started the 2019/2020 season (Domingue excluded) would be with the Flames in 2020/2021.  Crazy.

Source? 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

They'd still be in our division if we revert back to business as usual, as they have been for years.

Yeah. The wording threw me off.  It’s a divisional rival regardless of covid realignment of divisions or reverting back to normal 

• Cheers 1

Interesting discussion with the value of Pool Party, Jake and Bennett.  They are all around the same value in my mind.  If they were traded for picks, I would imagine they would all be in the 2nd round pick territory returning, meaning that they hold similar value.  Of that group of projects, my preference would be Pool Party due to offensive upside, but I think we are at the point where a swap of Jake for either of those guys make sense.  Change of scenery deals are needed for them all.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Interesting discussion with the value of Pool Party, Jake and Bennett.  They are all around the same value in my mind.  If they were traded for picks, I would imagine they would all be in the 2nd round pick territory returning, meaning that they hold similar value.  Of that group of projects, my preference would be Pool Party due to offensive upside, but I think we are at the point where a swap of Jake for either of those guys make sense.  Change of scenery deals are needed for them all.

Edmonton doesn’t sound to be looking to trade Puljujarvi.  Himself sounds happy there now and talks of how he has matured.  Holland just talked of how he’s making an impact by going to the net.  He’s made his way to the McDavid line.

Friedman on Sportsnet 650 says Calgary has been getting decent offers for Bennett.  Teams like what he has shown in the playoffs.  He says Virtanen’s trade value isn’t great.  He hasn’t shown as much in the post- season.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I would not mind seeing 

Bennett Pettersson Hoglander

If we did the 1-1 swap I would like to see Bennett replace Pearson on the second line:

Miller Pettersson Hoglander

Bennett Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette MacEwen

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Is Jake scratched as well tonight?, if so, Something is going on with Bennett also not playing.

Were not getting Bennett for Virtanen. .

JV does not have enough value to get Bennett. Flames likely go different route.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If we did the 1-1 swap I would like to see Bennett replace Pearson on the second line:

Miller Pettersson Hoglander

Bennett Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette MacEwen

Bennett 6'1, 210 lbs very gritty needs a new start should be a 18-22 goal guy- 45 points..He would bring a element that we are missing on this team..

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1