The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

On 7/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Got no other way of adding a good cheaper RHD to this roster. Limited trading resources. At some point beggers can’t be choosers and I feel like to get good value on a player I’d probably sign him.

He can't play any defense whatsoever.  We don't need another guy who's as brutal in his own zone as Pouliot or Larsen.  I wouldn't take this pylon even if he wasn't a racist locker room cancer.

• Vintage 2

I’d take a run at him for cheap. The guy has political views and is viewed a cancer for it. As a Canadian team that should have less effect and maybe the guy just becomes a Canadian citizen lol. Would help out our PP and add a RHS. 

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’d take a run at him for cheap. The guy has political views and is viewed a cancer for it. As a Canadian team that should have less effect and maybe the guy just becomes a Canadian citizen lol. Would help out our PP and add a RHS. 

The stuck up liberals that live in Vancouver wouldnt let it to happen.

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

The guy has political views and is viewed a cancer for it

His political views are not the issue, imo.

his past, before going pro are an issue

his past, since becoming a pro are an issue

his political views are a bit of an issue.

Added together, way too many issues.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gurn said:

His political views are not the issue, imo.

his past, before going pro are an issue

his past, since becoming a pro are an issue

his political views are a bit of an issue.

Added together, way too many issues.

Well we are in the buisness of icing the best Hockey team possible and are built around a ton of Americans already. I feel our leadership group has it in them to help the young man out. Also knowing this is his last opportunity in the show he maybe matures and just plays the game.

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

True, and he can always tally a ton of assists too everytime the opposition scores on us. He’s a defensive nightmare. No thank you. 

He can go find a job with Fox sports or something as a 3rd rate analyst/commentator.

• Cheers 2