The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Montreal will run into tough parts of the schedule where they seem like they can’t win too. It’s part of every teams season.

Unfortunately our struggles seem to have come early and are magnified by the fact we’ve lost so much to one team.

If you can’t even compete with good teams that says a lot about your team and where it stands. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Stop watching if it's so painful.

Good argument! I am not going to be ok with losses if that’s what you want from people on here to be able to post. They are 3 and 7 against everyone else besides Ottawa. I know you told someone else yesterday to do the same thing. If you don’t like what we post, don’t read and respond to them.

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

The only thing with Petey that worries me is in his first and second year he was visibly disgusted by losing. The next game he would come out out and be the most determined player on the ice. I just hope he's not losing that disgust.

The way he started shooting the puck again....I feel like that's disgusted Petey.  The guy who decides to just try to do it himself.  I feel like he'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They didn’t play bad by any stretch. Still some cleaning up to do but it honestly wasn’t the worst game. Not even close 

Gonna challenge you there partner.  The result was close but the game wasn't.  Montreal took the foot off the gas.  They coasted and did not have trouble with this one.

We were a little better than a couple of blowouts but still not physical, didn't make anyone pay, too passive, still too many giveaways.  Not good hockey.

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Sad thing is the players are now talking like Green. Saying they played great after getting owned 2 games in a row 

sad fact would have been a complete blowout had it not been for Demko 

Leafs can’t wait to get a hold of us 

Leafs can't play D unlike the Habs.  Should make for a FAR DIFFERENT game.

• Cheers 1

Better effort. Obvious that the coaches got through to the team, and adjustments were made.

Bo looks tired.

if there’s a player on the other team that’s embarrassing you, you sick Roussel on him, and bug the hell out him. I don’t care if toffoli played with us last year, he’s embarrassing us, you smack him in the head, and little hack and slash, crunch him when you can. 

50 minute flight to yyz, get some rest, come out hard against the leafs. Please come out hard against the leafs...

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Good argument! I am not going to be ok with losses if that’s what you want from people on here to be able to post. They are 3 and 7 against everyone else besides Ottawa. I know you told someone else yesterday to do the same thing. If you don’t like what we post, don’t read and respond to them.

Every team has losses...you learn to be ok with them over time.  Even bad ones. 

Whining and complaining certainly doesn't change things.  Just sucks all the fun out of it, that's all.  

Discussion is one thing but to gripe about Petey's response in a presser is taking it to another level.  I guess he should've cried or flipped the table.  That would change the outcome.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Leafs can't play D unlike the Habs.  Should make for a FAR DIFFERENT game.

Ummmm don't bet on that 

plus will losing 10-5 make anyone feel better ? 

Matthews, Marner, Tavares and gang cant wait to play the amazing defensive system Green has implemented  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Whining and complaining certainly doesn't change things.  Just sucks all the fun out of it, that's all.  

Discussion is one thing but to gripe about Petey's response in a presser is taking it to another level.  I guess he should've cried or flipped the table.

That would’ve been amazing 

table flip GIF

Edited by Wayne Jetski
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Discussion is one thing but to gripe about Petey's response in a presser is taking it to another level.  I guess he should've cried or flipped the table.

Again they are 3 and 7 against teams not named Ottawa. He should be angry. His play has been horrible. He should be upset. So ya it’s ok to show emotion that shows you care about losing to a team 4/5 times and where you haven’t really showed up to help the team.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Gonna challenge you there partner.  The result was close but the game wasn't.  Montreal took the foot off the gas.  They coasted and did not have trouble with this one.

We were a little better than a couple of blowouts but still not physical, didn't make anyone pay, too passive, still too many giveaways.  Not good hockey.

I don’t know scoring chances were pretty much even. Even outshot Montreal for whatever that’s worth. It was nothing like the previous games against Montreal imo other then Montreal capitalized on their chances. Even on a couple bounces that went there way