The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've been a fan for 30 years...

Rate this topic

The King

I'm jealous of the leafs since it should be an easy road to the conference finals, and I wish one of our prime teams got a chance like this lol.

Anyway, this team has yet to look like a team all year. There is no system, there is no goal, there is no cohesion, but there is a huge disconnect.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Not re-signing Tanev/Marky made sense. If Pettersson is only able to play well because he got along with certain people who no longer are here, then he wasn't as elite as we all thought. For the record, I think he is elite. The problem is the team around him.

The problem is not that Benning failed to re-sign Tanev/Markstrom. The problem is that he made so many mistakes in the past that he wasn't able to make the right moves to address the losses of those two.

He screwed up a long time ago with the signings of Beagle/Sutter/Loui. Instead of getting proactive, he just sat around in his own mess. This is Benning:

Image result for dog this is fine

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

52 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I'm jealous of the leafs since it should be an easy road to the conference finals, and I wish one of our prime teams got a chance like this lol.

Anyway, this team has yet to look like a team all year. There is no system, there is no goal, there is no cohesion, but there is a huge disconnect.

Montreal will smoke them in the playoffs.  Laffs still have an AHL quality blueline that will get exposed real quick once things tighten up.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Montreal will smoke them in the playoffs.  Laffs still have an AHL quality blueline that will get exposed real quick once things tighten up.

My worry is that the Habs just don't have the star power to keep up or take advantage of their defense.

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

My worry is that the Habs just don't have the star power to keep up or take advantage of their defense.

Wasn't a problem for Columbus and I think Montreal's forwards are better.  Leafs are not built to win in the playoffs and won't be until they get rid of double flamingo and Rielly.

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, The King said:

35 years of Canuck fandom has had its amazing highs, and some pretty low lows. This year something feels very, very, very off. Covid-19 has caused "Bubble hockey" where the team was definitely punching out of it's weight class, but really exciting to watch. Coming into this season I had tempered expectations, because let's face it they were only a .500 team last year, Where the wheels have fallen off; 1.Why did we let Markstrom (Petersson's only good friend on the team) walk for nothing? Why did we not trade Demko right after he shone in the series against Vegas? We would have gotten a good 1st round pick for sure. It's called asset management. Markstrom 6years for 6 million was completely fair. We now witnessing what bad goaltending results in. 2. Letting Tanev walk was just as laughable, as he had solidified his position as the 1st best defender on the team and the very best fit for Hughes, if your doubting just ask Hughes, I did, and he's pissed. 3. Benning gave up Madden a blue chip prospect and a 2nd for a really good top 6 forward that solidified our top 6, why did he abandon this plan? Why sign a forward in Virtanen for 2.55 million, and your truly don't believe in him, and you even said as much. I love JB, but whoever's behind these moves needs to pay a price. 

With all this said, some will say "oh, easy to say now, but no one has a crystal ball,,," Are you kidding a blind man could see this a mile a way. 

Until this team get's this sorted out, I'm done, it's way to painful to watch, it's like seeing someone you care about destroy themselves. This won't be fixed through free agency, only through a few more years of strong drafting and a couple of astute trades.

I hate to admit it but you might be right here.   

This isn't even 2015-2018 level stuff that I'm seeing.    This almost reminds me of 1997-2000 Messier era levels.   

I suspect that something is going on behind the scenes.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

My favourite sandwich is Ham and egg. But I like to add cheese sometimes because it really brings out the sandwich flavour. On a good day I would toast my sandwich to perfection but on a bad day I just let it me.

I think the best sandwiches are made during the day because I'm not too tired to make a good effort and my family can enjoy them with me. What do you guys think? What are your favorite sandwiches? How do you like them?

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1