The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Just cancelled my sportsnet now.  
I’ll follow the team through highlights and here, but im not paying money for this garbage.  
It’s just not worth 20$ a month. 

They have turned me. 
I have supported this team for my whole life.   
The lack of heart is what really bugs me this year.  

Go Team Tank.  
Fire Benning

Fire Green. 

Do you watch other games?

Battle of Alberta decent hockey.

• Cheers 1

2 goals in 11 seconds... That's the difference between the top team with a killer instinct and a mediocre team. We had plenty of chances to bury the Leafs in the first two periods and we should have buried them.

The Leafs top players have refined their game and have great chemistry. I think they will win the North division.

Our guys just aren't there yet.

Although we lost, I'm happy with the effort. This loss is much easier to swallow than the 5-1 or 7-3 garbage losses.

Having said that, Green and JB are on the hot seat. 5 straight regulation losses. The crucial 4 games against the Flames coming up. If we get swept in that series, it's pretty much game over for Green. And, JB will be next.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Positives: overall compete level, Holtby, Juolevi, Hoglander, Sutter, Bailey, Edler, Elias.  

Unfortunate breakdown in coverage by Beagle, giveaway by Quinn, effort by the 1st line, turnovers by Schmidt and lack of confidence by Virt.  

It’s not even a lack of confidence with Virt. He’s not a smart hockey player. He has no clue where to put the puck. He still isn’t hitting and he cost us this game. 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, b3. said:

Pulls the goalie for the Sutter unit tho.. :lol:

Instead of a time out and put out PP 1

The  when PP1 gets out it decides it needs to work on passing skills instead of shooting and jamming the net.Capt Bo has got to be better as well ..a couple guys look spent lately out there

Edited by crunch55

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Other than Miller, who hasn't been giving an effort?  The effort is there.  The talent, size and/or speed isn't.  

Guys like Beagle and Roussel get trashed, but they're trying.  They're just way past their prime.  

Miller to his credit had a really good game.  More like the JT I'm used to seeing

• Cheers 2

Sportsnet is so much fun to watch.  Toronto guys who live in Toronto and cheer for Toronto pretending to give unbiased opinions while cheering for the Leafs and feeling oh so good about themselves when they win. Panels in between periods and before games and after games are full of these guys. JFC.

Don Taylor needs his own Canucks channel!

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Positives: overall compete level, Holtby, Juolevi, Hoglander, Sutter, Bailey, Edler, Elias.  

Unfortunate breakdown in coverage by Beagle, giveaway by Quinn, effort by the 1st line, turnovers by Schmidt and lack of confidence by Virt.  

Virt lacks a lot of stuff...don't think it's limited to confidence...in fact, he looked very confident in handing the puck right to the opponent

• Haha 1

Just now, crunch55 said:

Instead of a time out and put out PP 1

The  when PP1 gets out it decides it needs to work on passing skills instead of shooting and jamming the net.Capt Bo has got to be better as well ..a couple guys look spent latroy out there

TG next coaching job will be in Russia.