The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I'm keeping a close eye on what the forwards are doing.  So far great decision making and a commitment to skating back hard to support.  

Maybe a practice and better schedule is what they needed?  Can't believe this is the Canucks I'm watching right now.

In previous games we'd try to apply pressure at the red line but the other team would build too much speed at that point the Dmen kept having trouble.

This forechecks prevents that sort of speed from being built. It engages the forwards way more too.

Overall good changes. Give credit where it's due to Greener and co. Need to show consistency though then my faith will be restored.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

The problem is Jake has trouble reading the playing and/or reacting to it.

Edit - I'm looking forward to Jake being traded but that probably won't happen

that's nonsense though.  168 takeaways don't come from being unable to read or react to the play.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like our guys are starting to be conditioned to this schedule and the Leafs (and other teams) are just going to really start tasting it.  

Can't be easy.  But they're finding the will (and their legs) tonight and the Leafs are frustrated, pissy and lazy.

This is going to be exhausting for the Laffs considering they only ice 2 NHL defensemen.  Muzzin and Brodie are getting gassed.