The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacEwen's Mom: "Kinda hard to be a difference maker when you only get to play under 4 minutes..."

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Psh, if this were Jake's mom y'all would be pissed. I'm gonna go down in the sinking ship SS Virtanen <_<  But yes, the systems are awful. Green doesn't play certain players enough in favour of safer players. Surprised we aren't seeing more Eriksson. The fact Benn is playing also speaks to Green's fears. Play Chatfield or Rafferty. 

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I don't personally see this tweet as a big deal. On the other hand, I'm glad that Green's getting criticism for how he "rolls" lines. Last game was a good effort, but no dice. Honestly, I am not willing to write this team off. We need to see another coach to see exactly what changes can be made. Sadly, I think this season has already been written off by upper management.

Pretty sure Green's not going to be extended though.

I supported Green but taking seven games to put OJ back in and Nate on his better side when so many people here like myself with no coaching resume were screaming for it. Then he doubles down and plays Chatfield on the top pair completely screwing Edler in the process all for the sake of what? Symmetry? 

Up-front why the hell is Baily playing over Jake? Jake half-assing it is still 10× the player and I'm no Jake fanboy.

Even without all that, this team looks like a team either void of leadership, locker-room issues, or Green has lost the room, maybe all 3.

And what the f**k is wrong with Horvat? Show some heart and emotion, be a leader.

Typical Nuck luck we self-destruct in a draft year already void of a home-run no-brainer, now there's a chance the draft takes place in Jan2022 or even June so for sure we're gonna win lol.

Hey maybe we turn it around but if that happens I think it only happens with a new coaching staff, sure they played better last couple of games but is that the bar now? Allow less than five goals?

I actually had that feeling when we tied it 1-1 it was like how I used to feel after we went up 4-1. This does not look like a team that is out to save their coaches and perhaps GMs jobs.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Psh, if this were Jake's mom y'all would be pissed. I'm gonna go down in the sinking ship SS Virtanen <_<  But yes, the systems are awful. Green doesn't play certain players enough in favour of safer players. Surprised we aren't seeing more Eriksson. The fact Benn is playing also speaks to Green's fears. Play Chatfield or Rafferty. 

Your not serious are you? Benn sucks no doubt but Chatfield should be in the ECHL at best and Rafferty will never be anything other than a Comet.

What in Gods name did Chatfield to warrant him ever being played again?  His last 5 games was perhaps the worst 5 game stretch I have seen in recent memory. To suck that bad on every single level from his defensive play, his offensive play hell even his penalties were just terrible.

He was so bad he's actually a big part of why I think Green should be fired. Any coach that thinks he's a better option than OJ while also forcing Nate to play on his non-preffered side needs to get gone.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I supported Green but taking seven games to put OJ back in and Nate on his better side when so many people here like myself with no coaching resume were screaming for it. Then he doubles down and plays Chatfield on the top pair completely screwing Edler in the process all for the sake of what? Symmetry? 

Up-front why the hell is Baily playing over Jake? Jake half-assing it is still 10× the player and I'm no Jake fanboy.

Even without all that, this team looks like a team either void of leadership, locker-room issues, or Green has lost the room, maybe all 3.

And what the f**k is wrong with Horvat? Show some heart and emotion, be a leader.

Typical Nuck luck we self-destruct in a draft year already void of a home-run no-brainer, now there's a chance the draft takes place in Jan2022 or even June so for sure we're gonna win lol.

Hey maybe we turn it around but if that happens I think it only happens with a new coaching staff, sure they played better last couple of games but is that the bar now? Allow less than five goals?

I actually had that feeling when we tied it 1-1 it was like how I used to feel after we went up 4-1. This does not look like a team that is out to save their coaches and perhaps GMs jobs.

isn't it the defense coach  who picks the pairings? also you are right, Horvat is awful in face offs i hear and just plain awful playing

Just now, bree2 said:

isn't it the defense coach  who picks the pairings? also you are right, Horvat is awful in face offs i hear and just plain awful playing

The coach has the final say.

And no offence but you have always seen this team with rose glasses.

So because Horvat can kill penalties well he should get a pass? Gimme a break, he's the captain and he has shown zero leadership the last 6 games. Point one out if I'm wrong.

I agree with the sentiment. I asked last night if he even had a shift in the third during last nights game. MacEwen adds energy and physicality. Don't keep him out for an entire period if you want to skip a shift every other that's fine but the man brings passion, size, and grit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The coach has the final say.

And no offence but you have always seen this team with rose glasses.

So because Horvat can kill penalties well he should get a pass? Gimme a break, he's the captain and he has shown zero leadership the last 6 games. Point one out if I'm wrong.

why because i said  don't the defense coach make up the pairings? and because i said Horvat  was awful  i am wearing rose colored glasses?

Just now, bree2 said:

why because i said  don't the defense coach make up the pairings? and because i said Horvat  was awful  i am wearing rose colored glasses?

Well the fact you brought up Horvat's best asset to use negatively is pretty transparent.

But I was actually referring to the many posts over the years where you slam anyone who dares to expect 100% and calls out a player when deserved.

I'm not one of those toxic fans who hates Benning, wanted Green fired since last year etc.

I'm a fan of guys like Sutter and Beagle and have defended them and other guys like LE and Myers all the time.

At the same time, I can see what a mess this team is in and I have my opinion and that's my right, as do you.

Hogs at 20 is carrying that line and Horvat especially being the captain should be better.

He doesn't even look interested or care enough to get pissed off. Remember bubble Horvat? That's who we need.

The fact you felt the need to respond to me ambiguously instead of telling me why I am wrong in my assesment, while also acting like an assistant coach would have the final say over the head coach when you know better is not a good look, be better.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I don't personally see this tweet as a big deal. On the other hand, I'm glad that Green's getting criticism for how he "rolls" lines. Last game was a good effort, but no dice. Honestly, I am not willing to write this team off. We need to see another coach to see exactly what changes can be made. Sadly, I think this season has already been written off by upper management.

Pretty sure Green's not going to be extended though.

Greens tendency to shorten the bench only leads to gaffes from overplaying minutes eaters and a gaffes from a less engaged group of low minutes eater.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

47 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Baffling but not.surprise (at all anymore) with the cutting edge coaching we have been witnessing with this staff - for all the haters, learn to appreciate the disaster cause it is not easy to be this bad...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

10 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Well the fact you brought up Horvat's best asset to use negatively is pretty transparent.

But I was actually referring to the many posts over the years where you slam anyone who dares to expect 100% and calls out a player when deserved.

I'm not one of those toxic fans who hates Benning, wanted Green fired since last year etc.

I'm a fan of guys like Sutter and Beagle and have defended them and other guys like LE and Myers all the time.

At the same time, I can see what a mess this team is in and I have my opinion and that's my right, as do you.

Hogs at 20 is carrying that line and Horvat especially being the captain should be better.

He doesn't even look interested or care enough to get pissed off. Remember bubble Horvat? That's who we need.

The fact you felt the need to respond to me ambiguously instead of telling me why I am wrong in my assesment, while also acting like an assistant coach would have the final say over the head coach when you know better is not a good look, be better.

are you for real! actually i know you are not as you are all over the place!

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Travis Green vs Willie Desjardens

Note Willie has a better Winning percentage while in Vancouver and is often considered the worst coach we’ve ever had. 

06F5409A-5DF3-4D00-9B1C-86868A2895A5.jpeg

7A922972-BBBD-46DF-90BB-11B852AA83DF.jpeg

Season Team League Regular season Playoffs
G W L T OTL Pts Finish Result

3rd place Memorial Cup
1984–85 Vancouver Canucks NHL 20 4 14 2 (59) 5th in Smythe (fired)
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Your not serious are you? Benn sucks no doubt but Chatfield should be in the ECHL at best and Rafferty will never be anything other than a Comet.

What in Gods name did Chatfield to warrant him ever being played again?  His last 5 games was perhaps the worst 5 game stretch I have seen in recent memory. To suck that bad on every single level from his defensive play, his offensive play hell even his penalties were just terrible.

He was so bad he's actually a big part of why I think Green should be fired. Any coach that thinks he's a better option than OJ while also forcing Nate to play on his non-preffered side needs to get gone.

he shoots right

these questions are too easy