The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacEwen's Mom: "Kinda hard to be a difference maker when you only get to play under 4 minutes..."

Rate this topic

Dazzle

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Close to the truth, he has 1 in 11.

also no wins in 6, so we'll say you were right there

Might be...

might be.... the goalies have not "stood" on their head very much

might be ..... the horrible give aways, mostly by our top players

might be.....   all the above having some effect.

demko got nhl player of week  and his team mostly is outshot 14of 18 games by a wide margin goaltending isnt the problem

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

demko got nhl player of week  and his team mostly is outshot 14of 18 games by a wide margin goaltending isnt the problem

If the goalie isn't their best player this team has been losing, and badly.

Demko's wins were great, but when he is only average, and isn't playing great, the team generally loses.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If the goalie isn't their best player this team has been losing, and badly.

Demko's wins were great, but when he is only average, and isn't playing great, the team generally loses.

seemed to do ok tonight. As i said   horvat is in a goal draught maybe he wakes uo soon.   juolevi instead of chatfield is a much better roster move.  

• Upvote 1

"Kinda hard to be a different maker if you only get 4 minutes a game"

How about - "wow my kid's in the NHL, luckiest guy in the world"... which he is.

Sure Big Mac is embarrassed as sh!t over this.  Kid seems to know what side his bread is buttered on, too bad his Mom doesn't. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, IBatch said:

"Kinda hard to be a different maker if you only get 4 minutes a game"

How about - "wow my kid's in the NHL, luckiest guy in the world"... which he is.

Sure Big Mac is embarrassed as sh!t over this.  Kid seems to know what side his bread is buttered on, too bad his Mom doesn't. 

Just so you know, Zack doesn't need to be protected if he plays less than 17 more games on the season.

This is why he isn't playing.

IMO, he's the likeliest candidate to be taken in the expansion draft from us.

He's a skilled big player with an edge. Not exactly a common commodity these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol ever since the mom comment MacEwen hasn't even played. Poor guy. Hope he doesn't get buried like Baertschi. 

See above, his not playing has nothing to do with him, or his Ma. It's 100% business.

And don't look for anyone in the franchise saying this for obvious reasons, but it's the truth.

They are protecting an up and coming asset, and he still gets to collect his full big league salary all season.

The only people who are making anything of this are liars in the media, and those gullible enough to bite.

Edited by xereau

All this angst over  a Thing Zac's mom allegedly said.

I say allegedly because after 8 pages no one has  posted an actual quote from Zac's mom.

All I've seen is some post on redditt saying Zac's mom said this, and people make crap up all the time.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, xereau said:

Just so you know, Zack doesn't need to be protected if he plays less than 17 more games on the season.

He's a skilled big player with an edge. Not exactly a common commodity these days.

If we lose Zack - it's the least of our worries.   Remember all the fear over losing Gaunce and then Sbisa was taken?  The only thing we should be worried about, is losing either Schmidt or Myers. 

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Yeah but he still deserves more than 4 mins a game when he does play.... 

Is that how they protect him play less than 4 mins when he does get in :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Et tu Brutus?

But but twas told Coach Green'er' was a top 10 NHL coach.

He won't have trouble landing on his feet if Acquilini doesn't want to buck up.

Hate to burst your bubble but whoever told you that lied to you :lol:

I'm sure another franchise will find out the hard way as well :lol:

• Haha 1

Gosh I hope none our star player's moms  say anything negative.

Would hate to see some of our top guys get sat due to something their parents might say.

It's obvious that professional sports teams take opinions of loving moms into account when allocating playing time. 

• Haha 2