The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s actually very hard to read a shot like that on a 2 on 1. I just thought it funny. The thunk sound in the back of the net gets me everytime 

I love making that sound.

Because goalies know. They know they 'shoulda had it' if it was on the ice and makes that noise.

Guys who go bar down are 'impressive' but it doesn't mess with a goalie's head the way a muffin through the wickets does. The difference between a perfect shot (like Miller's or Brock's on that 4-1) vs Benn's from my own limited goaltending perspective is night and day. It's easy to shake off the perfect shots, you have to play the angles and percentages, sometimes you just get beat. But if you hear that light little "Thunpft" against the padding on the bottom of the net... yeah... that sucks.

I openly admit I'm not a good or particularly experienced goalie, but that's my experience so far.

So as a result when I shoot, you better believe I try to make that sound hahaha.

• Like 1

Also, I've always wondered why the Flames don't employ more aggressive defensive tactics. They've been doing this for years too; whenever the opposing team has the puck in their zone, they don't play an aggressive style. The Canucks do, and its incredibly effective, and stifling.

courtesy CgP