The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

We need to continue working on faceoffs.  Although we were marginally better last game vs Winnipeg (54%) we were better against Calgary on Wednesday (65%).  But I think we miss Malhotra.  Of Centers taking 50+ faceoffs, we have no-one in the top 20, but Toronto has 2 ( and check out Boston, with 3)

Beagle, Sutter, Horvat and Miller are all over 50% which is good, but not exceptional  (maybe posters who have played the game can say whether it's better to have 4 centers at 52% than 2 at 62% and 2 at 42%)

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

We need to continue working on faceoffs.  Although we were marginally better last game vs Winnipeg (54%) we were better against Calgary on Wednesday (65%).  But I think we miss Malhotra.  Of Centers taking 50+ faceoffs, we have no-one in the top 20, but Toronto has 2 ( and check out Boston, with 3)

Beagle, Sutter, Horvat and Miller are all over 50% which is good, but not exceptional  (maybe posters who have played the game can say whether it's better to have 4 centers at 52% than 2 at 62% and 2 at 42%)

I heard an interview with Green and they are doing just that - practice a few days ago included some work on faceoffs and plays after winning/losing them.  

They haven't had the luxury of many practices so hopefully things will be tuned up as they do get more time to work on the details.

We clearly do miss Malhotra....although those who were taught under him should be able to retain at least some of what they've learned and share it with others.  Sad that he's not there to point out when things go awry...but they at least have some of his stuff to work from.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

But here's why we're breaking that trend in accordance with the same logic.

Feb. 19.   19 being key.   S is the 19th letter of the alphabet and that results in "Sorry" as the combo breaker.  

Also February 19 is the 50th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar and in order to be successful only teams with 50+ years qualify for a win today.

ALSO:  Winnipeg used up their win today in their name....can't have two wins, it's cheating.

LASTLY:  The pattern is null and void because the first game breaks the combo (all odd numbers spaced 2 apart....Feb. 4's game is disqualified and that means the pattern no longer applies and is fraudulent.  I feel that the Jets should have to play short handed due to this).

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

image.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

gaudette has no finish in nhl 

12 goals  21 assists   33 points  in 59 games last season.  Seems spot on for a 3rd liner to me.  I know he played a lot of sheltered minutes, but having his medical condition taken care of will likely increase physique /strength; which will support an overall improvement in his game (especially defensive).  He's always proven that he can step up to each and every level he has faced throughout his hockey career, so I am hopeful that the same will happen here in Vancouver; maybe even end up as a 3C.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

From a friend.   My apologies as I should have clarified this in more detail.   This wasn’t a legitimate rumor from a credible source.   It was a friend of mine who heard someone else speculating.

Sounds like something from Q-Anon!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Pearson has been playing good though.

Hes got the most goals on tge Canucks since he was trades here.

Not Boeser Not Miller not EP.... yes Pearson is the best goal scorer on the team over the last 120 odd games.

35 goals with Van since he arrived. In that time EP had 60, Horvat 57 and Boeser 54. So not sure where that stat came from. Also, Pearson has only played 99 games for Van so far.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

35 goals with Van since he arrived. In that time EP had 60, Horvat 57 and Boeser 54. So not sure where that stat came from. Also, Pearson has only played 99 games for Van so far.

I believe the stat regarding Person is for most goals by any player, for any team, since being traded, between certain dates.

I could be wrong though, as it has been years and I'm due for a mistake. :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I believe the stat regarding Person is for most goals by any player, for any team, since being traded, between certain dates.

I could be wrong though, as it has been years and I'm due for a mistake. :)

Yes, @MattJVD clarified that since arriving in Van, Pearson has 35 goals. I was counting the whole 2018-19 season for the others. So in fact it is correct, Pearson at 35, Bo and Petey at 34, Boes at 33 and Miller at 31.

• Cheers 1