The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

can't miss a game (haven't missed a single one since the beginning of time in over a decade...used to pack a little portable TV along in my purse to weddings/events and just mute the sound).  

Damn, Deb. That is some hard-core dedication to your team!

4 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Because the team in 4th plays the team in 5th. We need to jump both of them. 4th vs 5th are guranteed points going the wrong way.

With that math Vancouver would need to go on an unrealistic run.

Only 3 teams can win on a given night (barring 3pt games).  So as long as we win some games, we will pick up points on some.  There is always hope, until we are mathematically eliminated.

9 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Canucks ain't making the playoffs.

But wins are better than talking about losses so show me what u got Canucks. 

Hope Michaelis gets another look.

8 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Why does everyone say we cannot make the playoffs? We need to be in 4th place and we have 20ish games to do it.

I would rather go into the playoffs hot than cold.

Canucks would need to go like 16-4 from here on out to ensure a spot. Not impossible but highly unlikely.  Who knows? Maybe Jake steps up, becomes the power forward we knew he could always be, and carries this team into the playoffs on his back.  Imagine if we had 3 lines with legitimate scoring threats. Opposing coaches would be hard pressed to decide which line to play their top D pairing against. 

Edited by CptCanuck16

2 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

Do I still understand the meaning of the word?

you realize he has to sustain his level of play over many games, correct? If he plays like that only once every 20-30 games, then he is #FlopgunJake - a medicoce bottom 6 forward who is terrible in his own zone

Hey, i hope he does it and this is the time... his track record says it isn't...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I cashed in my Air Miles and got a colour hand held TV...it was glorious!  I got games on CBC...I remember being at Hastings race track once and people were swarming me in the grandstands, asking for the score, etc.  My son laughed and said "you should be charging for updates".   And I actually had it in my lap at a wedding, during all the speeches when we were seated!  :towel::lol:

Love this team/game.

I would have bailed on the wedding personally.

1 hour ago, How swede it is said:

He's got the tools, but just like me he can't seem to find the one he needs when he needs it.

two season of 20+ goal pace over 82 games would disagree.  If any other young player were putting up thise numbers, 99% of the people would be happy.  For some reason, Jake doesn't get the same consideration

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I cashed in my Air Miles and got a colour hand held TV...it was glorious!  I got games on CBC...I remember being at Hastings race track once and people were swarming me in the grandstands, asking for the score, etc.  My son laughed and said "you should be charging for updates".   And I actually had it in my lap at a wedding, during all the speeches when we were seated!  :towel::lol:

Love this team/game.

I remember I'm thinking prior to the Messier era going to a spring baseball game at the Nat (Canadians were still in the PCL at the time). The Canucks was playing a playoff game.

It was all of us guys my Brother, two-step brothers, my brother in law, and myself and my Dad. My brother and step brother kept taking "breaks" because when the other team got up to bat, they'd run to the concession stand where they had TV's and watch Canucks playoff hockey. Best of both worlds. :)

• Cheers 1