The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jovo was a guy with all the tools, but every once in a while would make a decision that earned him the nickname "Special Ed".....That being said, they were almost always what the old-timers like to call "the errors of enthusiasm"......It was never a lack of caring, nor trying.....

Jovocop was a heart and soul guy and I remember being pissed that they gave the C to Nazzy instead of him. As much as I loved Markus, I never considered him a "leader". (except on the scoresheet)

I was also pissed Jovo didn't get the C.   At least in PHX they gave it to him - much deserved. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Funny not thinking is exactly how I’d describe their power play lately...

if you're having to think while you're on the ice, you're not going to have a very good time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Pettersson and Eichel both out with mysterious upper body injuries. Hmmm.

Pettersson for Eichel [E5]

Would need to add.  Hmm....OJ and Big Mac are also not playing. 

:frantic:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, tas said:

if you're having to think while you're on the ice, you're not going to have a very good time. 

That’s silly of course you have to think.

They have to have an idea of how they want to execute before they start. That’s not very apparent when I watch them move the puck around.

Edited by DeNiro

7 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Both win cups

both more advanced in their rebuild 

Colorado hasn’t won a cup in 20 years, the Panthers have been terrible for over 2 decades. Poor example is poor. 

Chicago is the only half decent example there and even their rebuilds took over 15 years to get back to the finals. 

• Vintage 2

55 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gotta give credit where credit is due... Brown definitely makes it easy for the players on the other team.  They definitely don't need to think against our PP.

• Haha 3

I'm really liking this new wraparound attempt we're trying lately...mixes it up.  I've seen 3-4 in the recent games and I like the idea of greasy goals like this.

Yep.

Also....just got here so not sure if it's been mentioned...but Petey's out for at least another week.  BOOOOOOO

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

The Panthers made it to the cup once (96) since they entered the league in 94 and they did not win. In fact in 26 seasons they have only made the playoffs 5 times.

We’ve made the playoffs more in the last decade than they have in their existence, yet somehow they are a shining example of a franchise :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2