The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 15, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

REFEREES

Eric Furlatt #27
EF27.jpg
Michael Markovic #47
MM47.jpg
Games ’20-21 26 15
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 30 / 11 13 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1231 / 139 28 / 0
First NHL Game 10/8/01 3/7/19
Birthplace Trois-Rivieres, QC Scarborough, ON

LINESMEN

Steve Barton #59
SB59.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’20-21 25 25
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 18 63 / 9
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1293 / 107 1147 / 61
First NHL Game 11/1/00 10/11/02
Birthplace Vankleek Hill, ON Ottawa, ON
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Hasek has 6 Vezinas, more than any of those guys. Had a case for 8 in a row which would have given him the most of all-time. The only guys in Hasek's category when it comes to Vezinas are Plante, Durnan and Dryen who won all theirs in a 6-10 team league (not downplaying their accomplishments or ability, just that it was easier to win it just based on numbers).

Also one of only 7 goalies to win a Hart, which none of those guys did. Also the only goalie to win it twice.

I can't really speak to Sawchuk as that well before my time and the league was much different, but Hasek's overall stats are better than both Roy and Brodeur. Really the only thing Hasek needed was a better team in his prime like Brodeur and Roy had.

If Hasek was Canadian, he'd get a lot more respect. But that's not a new story; he's not the only non-Canadian to not get the respect he deserves simply because he's not Canadian.

Nobody had a ~decade long peak like Hasek.

hasek 

had a good career but didnt get as many championships are roy or brodeur plus brodeur  is so much ahead of them game in wins and games played so you cabt really compare the 2 1266 gp 691 w 2.24 gaa .912 sav % campared to 735 gp 389 w  2.20 gaa  .920 save%

brodeur played 531 more games  300 more wins  if hasek played same amount of time his numbers would have been worst in every stat  hasek isnt brodeur 

10 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Hope petey is ok! But now I think his salary increase is more in line with what brock got. Hughes a million more. 

ya short term id rather lock him up til hes 30  9-11mill is what it will coat to lock him up 8 yrs or in 2 do you wanna have to pay him 14-16 mill per 

12 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Hope petey is ok! But now I think his salary increase is more in line with what brock got. Hughes a million more. 

why would hughes get more than petey hes a defensive liability this yr  hes not as good as petey  especially 200 ft game.  hughes could get 7 mill for 2 yr deal then see  peteys are mvp tho 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Why cant travis reveal every weakness on our players to the media. Maybe he can go over our systems next and how to defend against them.

Well first he would need to invent some systems and then try to convey these systems in a way people don’t realize he is describing basic Timbits “push the puck forward strategy....with retreat as soon as a forechecker appears” 

as for defending against them, our sub 500 record would suggest that code has been cracked 

thats said , lets win tonight !!!!

17 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why would hughes get more than petey hes a defensive liability this yr  hes not as good as petey  especially 200 ft game.  hughes could get 7 mill for 2 yr deal then see  peteys are mvp tho 

People here tend to forget how good petey is. He's not in the hart trophy race so he's a bum this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Travis respecting his peers.. suppose some read that as a weakness "that's a good team over there" ... for me at least that means respect.   Never understood why anyone would make fun of that.   Would you prefer an A-hole instead?  Not me.  

There is not one single coach that does not officially respect the other team 

No coach is going to give away bulletin board material 

But when its used as an excuse for losing, that is what i take issue with 

• Haha 1

It's encouraging how the whole team rallied in Petey's absence,  everyone raising their game a notch to compensate.  Now if they can keep that elevated level of play after he returns, we should be something to fear.  Defensively sound, elite goaltending, and with a killer offense.  Looking forward to running the board to the playoffs, (or redefining the term "spoiler")

• Upvote 1