The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Hopefully this is the end for Roussel

Imagine if someone took him. That would be nice. I actually like the guy but he hasn’t been an effective player for us since that brutal

injury 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, oldnews said:

or they could simply assign DiPietro and recall either Gillies or Kielly...

That as well, yes. My guess is, they feel more comfortable having MDP as our most NHL capable, third stringer, if needed (injuries, illness etc) vs either of those options.

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Wasn't Vesey Miller's winger in the US U-20 team a few years back?  A goal and 4 assists in 7 games, and was a +3 that series.  I thought that was one of the reasons he cited when he joined the Rangers - to play with JT again as a pro

played with Miller very little in NY though.

8.3% of his ice time in 16/17

13.8% in 17/18

none in 18/19

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would assume he's in beside AG tonight (if he's in), maybe on PP2 as well after one practice? 

Could be.

My guess would be that he moves onto the Sutter line (with Hawryluk at RW) - Michaelis moves to the taxi squad and Sautner back to Utica...?

I'd prefer to see LE on they way there, but I think he'll likely remain to help 'shelter' Gaudette in limited minutes for the Gaudette line.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Could be.

My guess would be that he moves onto the Sutter line (with Hawryluk at RW) - Michaelis moves to the taxi squad and Sautner back to Utica...?

I'd prefer to see LE on they way there, but I think he'll likely remain to help 'shelter' Gaudette in limited minutes for the Gaudette line.

Sounding like Motte might be back tonight as well...and I forgot Beagle was out also when I suggested Vesey-Sutter-Gaudette earlier. Be interesting to see how it shakes out with Motte back/Beagle still out.

14 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Such a classy coach!! But he won't say the same coaching Eriksson!! 

so "classy" they waived Spezza - who went d.i.y. with a public appeal not to be claimed by anyone....("or I'll retirez!")

Ironically, Babcock earned a lot of hatred in Toronto for scratching Spezza...

Spezza then gets waived = and crickets.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2