The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

43 minutes ago, apollo said:

Can anyone explain to me why on earth Montreal games are being postponed? 

Two nothing players in armia and kotkaniemi have covid? So what? 

Who cares... They are no body compared to JT Miller... Who missed plenty of games yet we got 0 postponed... 

Just makes no sense... JT Miller outscored every clown on that Montreal team... He's a far superior player, yet none of our games got postponed and we had to fight with a depleted roster? 

Yet armia and kotka absence causes cancelation? Brutal league. 

Good for Bergevin and Molson family for lobbying bettman to let their team rest up and heal from all injuries. Brutal. 

If I'm Benning I say we all have covid too and let guys recoup from injuries. Brutal. 

Anyways let's get that W tonight! 

Totally different circumstances

Miller never tested positive, Benn did, but JT was staying with Benn, so was quarantined as a precaution until subsequent negative tests.   Neither were in prolonged contact with other team members, so no-one else on the team was compromised.  So business as usual (link to news report below)

2 Montreal players tested positive, and both were in close contact with the entire team, practices, playing, dressing rooms etc etc. So all team members need 2 consecutive negatives 48 hours apart before all clear.  Hence postponement 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/miller-benn-forced-to-miss-canucks-opening-week-due-to-covid-19-tests

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

suck it up buttercup

Butter Tarts are delicious! A cup of butter goes great with making scrambled eggs rich and creamy (thanks be to Gordon Ramsay).

Now to GTD content. The Jets goalies seem to have our number and typically play strong against us. The forwards need to be disruptive tonight and if we get any PP time, a net front presence is a must!

GCG. I want a solid effort. Boys should be flying knowing what is at stake and that they have a long break to recoup over the next 6 days.

25 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Totally different circumstances

Miller never tested positive, Benn did, but JT was staying with Benn, so was quarantined as a precaution until subsequent negative tests.   Neither were in prolonged contact with other team members, so no-one else on the team was compromised.  So business as usual (link to news report below)

2 Montreal players tested positive, and both were in close contact with the entire team, practices, playing, dressing rooms etc etc. So all team members need 2 consecutive negatives 48 hours apart before all clear.  Hence postponement 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/miller-benn-forced-to-miss-canucks-opening-week-due-to-covid-19-tests

You've got a point but I don't think it's really all that different given its 2021 and we have the technology for rapid tests... 

We have instant testing that was invented by a great Canadian company... yet the nhl is choosing the slower method. 

Send armia and jesperi to quarantine. Test everyone else. If they got enough guys testing negative then play them. Use your extra players. 

All I can say is bergevin is smart for lobbying for this. His team is 80% less banged up than the Canucks but he still wants to delay until they %100. 

He saw an opportunity and took it. 

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sorry Travis but the NHL doesn’t have the best refs in the world. Man alive, the brown nosing Green is doing here is embarrassing. The standards change from game to game? Standards, by definition, shouldn’t change and should always be followed.

Green could have just said that it’s an unfortunate and left it at that. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1