The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

43 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Absolutely agree.... It's an Island... how hard could it be. 

I'm quite sure, you'll struggle to find anyone disagreeing, however once the vaccines became available, they led the way (in Europe at least)....

We are an island but London being a major international transport and business hub, alongside the direct connection through the tunbel does make it harder than say New Zealand - that said it deffo was a botched and slow responce early days when it could have been quickly smothered if they had the balls to follow the NZ model 

• Vintage 1

Well IMHO the EU bugled to the detriment of many the AZ vaccination on what is a very flimsy excuse or in fact thinking. Certainly the scope of the trials for all the Pharmecutical companies were substantial in number but limited in the scope of the participation. This wouldn't have happened during better circumstances. Frankly how companies ever find enough participant is still a bit of a mystery to me. Certainly they were short on numbers for the over 65 age group and also the young but O/A the results were clear. The blood clotting seems to be nothing short of political subterfuge. There are enough blood clotting incidents apart from vaccines to estabilish the number were little different between past history and under Vaccine protocols. The fact that Pharmecuticals companies came through in record time is a huge, huge plus. The anxiety cause by Germany and heck Macrom himself who at first condemned AZ and  was then vacinated with AZ is political theatre. They hated that GB walked away from the EU, hated it!

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Well IMHO the EU bugled to the detriment of many the AZ vaccination on what is a very flimsy excuse or in fact thinking. Certainly the scope of the trials for all the Pharmecutical companies were substantial in number but limited in the scope of the participation. This wouldn't have happened during better circumstances. Frankly how companies ever find enough participant is still a bit of a mystery to me. Certainly they were short on numbers for the over 65 age group and also the young but O/A the results were clear. The blood clotting seems to be nothing short of political subterfuge. There are enough blood clotting incidents apart from vaccines to estabilish the number were little different between past history and under Vaccine protocols. The fact that Pharmecuticals companies came through in record time is a huge, huge plus. The anxiety cause by Germany and heck Macrom himself who at first condemned AZ and the was then vacinated with AZ is political theatre. They hated that GN walked away from the EU, hated it!

I think you raise a good point about something I read too - about finding the proper representation. How do we figure out who is a 'model' vaccine candidate? And how do we figure out how this person will be representative of other people? Yes, there is a limitation of time, but yeah, politicians are scum. They are saying this to hold companies hostage.

36 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

On this issue brexit isn’t a factor as whether we were in or out the EU the decisions in AZ and vaccines and COVID responses would not have been EU led.

brexit is a catastrophe thats being masked by COVID  

I was not in favour of Brexit but I think it's going to take more than couple of years to determine how it works out. It'll take a while for business to adjust but adjust they will. What I  wonder about is sure there are tariff's to reconfigure but world trade goes on every day between hundreds of countries and not all within the EU. Shippers and exporters deal with the paper work on a daily bases and without a hiccup. Why there has to be such a palaver about EU and GB seems nonsense. Immigration control was the bases if we wish to admit it or not. And immigration is going to become a big issue internationally in the next decade. GB can control it's on fait, the EU will have to procrastinate via Brussels. Difficult times ahead and IMO it's best it's determined by your own voters rather than some wanna be intellects in Brussels

Edited by Fred65

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Yep I’m not a fan of the current government but they got in early with vaccines, funded the Oxford one and pushed Oxford and AZ together to get a uk producer rather than a US or German one.  They were  clear with their vaccine tiers and priority and also got contracts they meant suppliers had to find alternative sources to make up shortfalls rather then having best endeavours wording. 

they totally screwed up the borders, track and trace, tracing early on and have massively abused the emergency powers to avoid scrutiny and giving contracts out to crony’s that have no business getting with government contracts.

but their vaccine response (and furlough arrangements)  and roll out is been good. The cynic in me says it’s despite the politicians because they probably didn’t know how to do it so chucked the hot potato to GPs who have taken it and done exceptionally well. But regardless it’s worked so I cannot criticise them for that because the mess we were in we might still be there if it wasn’t for that 

You speak my language amigo... agree 100%

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

We are an island but London being a major international transport and business hub, alongside the direct connection through the tunbel does make it harder than say New Zealand - that said it deffo was a botched and slow responce early days when it could have been quickly smothered if they had the balls to follow the NZ model 

When the epidemic swept through Southern Europe, it was evident that , it would come North as well.

Travellers coming in from all over the world expressed surprise that no testing at all was being carried out at Heathrow or any other airports in the UK. The Virus would have come to the these shores regardless, but think the first wave could have been far less explosive.

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Well IMHO the EU bugled to the detriment of many the AZ vaccination on what is a very flimsy excuse or in fact thinking. Certainly the scope of the trials for all the Pharmecutical companies were substantial in number but limited in the scope of the participation. This wouldn't have happened during better circumstances. Frankly how companies ever find enough participant is still a bit of a mystery to me. Certainly they were short on numbers for the over 65 age group and also the young but O/A the results were clear. The blood clotting seems to be nothing short of political subterfuge. There are enough blood clotting incidents apart from vaccines to estabilish the number were little different between past history and under Vaccine protocols. The fact that Pharmecuticals companies came through in record time is a huge, huge plus. The anxiety cause by Germany and heck Macrom himself who at first condemned AZ and  was then vacinated with AZ is political theatre. They hated that GB walked away from the EU, hated it!

Not to mention 300k last week have got it in Canada (radio said that i didn't fact check), with zero reactions. 

21 hours ago, Provost said:

I hear ya man... most of my family is in the UK and a bunch of them have had it.  Extended family members have died, and all sorts of weird lingering effects for some others, even young healthy folks.

People complain about "lockdowns" here... but friends/family in the UK and Australia were REALLY locked down, like police wouldn't let you go outside kind of locked down.

One of my lifelong friends has lived in Spain the last couple decades.   What happened there is nothing at all like what we've had to deal with.  Night and day.   I'm in ONT too and have with most my family in BC know how easy it's been there both in lockdowns, and as far as cases go.   Things for sure could be worse.   The tech is there, it's been applied and it's not really too hard to wash your hands and wear a mask and keep your distance is it? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So....  Gaud's wife is not happy a lot of ppl are showing some hate towards Adam... 

Well, I don't mean to judge here but we in the 20-30 age group gotta step up to protect the vulnerable elderly... He and/or his wife must have let their guard down!! I stopped hanging out with friends since April 2020... Only go outdoor hiking with my own household members.... Always mask up indoors, always sanitizing my hands... 

If you really make an effort to avoid Covid, it's effing doable!!! I just feel bad for senior home ppl, healthcare workers...  Horgan is right, a lot of young ppl are just being so selfish and ignorant!! It's like ppl can't live without partying... 

Sorry for ruining the mood here!! My family and I have done our part but evidently so many ppl still don't give a crap!!! 

Edited by Virtanen#18
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

25 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So....  Gaud's wife is not happy a lot of ppl are showing some hate towards Adam... 

Well, I don't mean to judge here but we in the 20-30 age group gotta step up to protect the vulnerable elderly... He and/or his wife must have let their guard down!! I stopped hanging out with friends since April 2020... Only go outdoor hiking with my own household members.... Always mask up indoors, always sanitizing my hands... 

If you really make an effort to avoid Covid, it's effing doable!!! I just feel bad for senior home ppl, healthcare workers...  Horgan is right, a lot of young ppl are just being so selfish and ignorant!! It's like ppl can't live without partying... 

Sorry for ruining the mood here!! My family and I have done our part but evidently so many ppl still don't give a crap!!! 

I hate it when people post ignorant things.

You don't know what they have or haven't done to keep themselves safe. For all we know Adam got it from Hamonic or the person of coaching staff and jus showed positive before them. You can't and shouldn't make assumptions like this and call people out. 

It's like the people yesterday saying the other player is Boeser just cuz he went on a dog walk with Adam. It's just stupid and people need to stop.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Drewman said:

I hate it when people post ignorant things.

You don't know what they have or haven't done to keep themselves safe. For all we know Adam got it from Hamonic or the person of coaching staff and jus showed positive before them. You can't and shouldn't make assumptions like this and call people out. 

It's like the people yesterday saying the other player is Boeser just cuz he went on a dog walk with Adam. It's just stupid and people need to stop.

So... You know what happened then????  How likely is it for someone in proper mask still getting it from a grocery cashier also in mask?? 

I'm saying, if you did absolutely everything to prevent it, it ain't that easy to get infected UNLESS you're a school kid whose mommy thinks it's hard to breathe with a mask on or a healthcare worker exposed to huge viral load!!! 

If you can defend some careless ppl spreadig this.... What does that say about your attitude on combating this pandemic?? 

And you have the balls to criticize me when I'm doing my part all along...  Go F yourself!! 

The one thing that I have wonder all year is how they can say that the schools are not an issue. To me it is the perfect mixing pot. 

I have four grandchildren and they were all enrolled into an online school. 

There is a ton of breakouts in the schools systems right now. You have to wonder if they are not one of the biggest spreaders.

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

It could, but people need to get past the idea that its just underlying conditions that can cause complications.

I know someone who was 54 years old, ran 5 miles a day, NO underlying conditions and he was gone in 60 days.

The only thing they know right now is that for whatever reason, some people breeze through it and some develop extreme conditions. There is a lot of data out there now that suggests that people with blood type A are much more likely to develop severe symptoms than any other blood type and that Type O is the least likely.

Controlling this bug can be helped by people wearing a mask. Its not as much to prevent you from getting it, but to stop you from spreading it if you have already been infected and don't know it yet. The other thing is, really be conscious of what you touch, keep a small container of hand sanitizer in your pocket and use it regularly. Just really common sense stuff that will help prevent the spread of even the common cold.

To see how fast it can spread in regular conditions, I present, Mythbusters Dinner Party:

Surface transmissjon has been largely discussed as extremely slim chances to get the virus. Studies have shown there would need to be an extraordinary amount to be transmitted to be picked up from a contaminated surface. They'd have to basically sneeze into their hand and then touch something. 

However with that said the Mythbusters episode is good for showing how touching your runny nose or whatnot and then touching somebody else can spread it easily. This is why hand hygiene is so emphasized. Always recommend the video you show. I miss that show. :(

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I wonder if there was any connection between Jasperi Kotkaneimi and Adam Gaudette ? It’s right in the the right timeline for incubation period. Let’s see if any Winnipeg players suddenly get Covid in the coming week. 

It can take up to 4 days to be detected but they’ve played Montreal over 4 days ago.  It’s Armia that has the virus, Kotkaniemi was close contact and is back playing while Armia is still in isolation.