The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tanner Pearson

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Lets just remember to keep things in perspective....

He's only 28-29.... so these are still his prime years the Canucks will be getting.  $3.25 million is pretty fair.... I mean Baertschi is getting $3.6 million I think.

That being said, I would have rather GMJB trade him for more assets going forward.  

He has slow feet. He's 28. He ain't getting faster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

....45 points in 69 games last year. Career average 35-40 points a year, plays both sides of the puck well. He’s a great guy to hold down the 2nd line wing spot until someone can take it from him. 3 years is a perfect timeline for that, and he’s only 28 years old. I just don’t get the outrage on this one. 

He’s got like two points in the last 15 months.

Total passenger. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

According to Capfriendly, now that Demko and Pearson are signed, Canucks now have just over $17 mil in cap space for next year

is that enough to sign Petey and Hughes to Brock-like bridge deals, with remaining to fill out a roster? 

Of the players coming, ie Podz, Lind, Tryamkin, etc, only Tryamkin will require something more than an entry level contract (if he comes)

The year after that, Luongos penalty, Louie, Roussel, Beagle, Holtby come off the books, more than enough to resign Bo and Brock and others. We still have Ferlands  $3.5 on LTIR we can use.

And with the Seattle pick, if they choose someone with a large cap hit, even better.

I think money/player (ie trade for pick) could have been used else where, but I’m not losing sleep over this.

Yes!

Everyone needs to calm down. We are fine for space for next season. We will lose someone, likely Holtby, in the expansion draft. Holtby was signed to put in front of Seattle.

As we sit right now, projected to have around 22.6 million in space. Figure combined, Hughes and Pettersson will be about 14 - 15 million of that, and the plan is to add in more guys on ELC's etc, for next season.

Eriksson will be either bought out, freeing up 2 million, or traded at 50% retained for 1 year, which would bump that 2 million to 3 million.

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

His best year statically was a Canuck last year 

I'm thinking when Tanner calls it a career, he'll be looking back on the time he had with Kings much more fondly, as he polishes his Cup rings. He'll still be counting the money he made from this contract, mind you.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

What does that have to do with his Time in LA. He’s streaky offensively and only has played 33 games this season.. pretty silly to think he’s done 

Bahaha his inconsistent play all season sums up the player he is. He’d get 2.5 tops if he hit UFA status in a flat cap. Over pay, yet AGAIN. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking when Tanner calls it a career, he'll be looking back on the time he had with Kings much more fondly, as he polishes his Cup rings. He'll still be counting the money he made from this contract, mind you.

Anyone that has won a cup would do the same 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Edler will be back and will have a NTC.  He will also come at a significant discount.

We. Don’t. Have. The. Capspace. To. Afford. Edler. Right. Now.

You can make assumptions like the probable Holtby buyout and then they’d be able to afford to re-sign Edler but right now, I wouldn’t assume these guys know how to wipe their ass.