The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Victor Mete, Sami Vatanen, Alex Biega, Danny Dekeyser, Josh Healey, Cody Goloubef

I really like Mete only 22, 5'9, 185 LBS....Already have 2 guys under 6 feet

Hughes  21, 5'10 , 185 lbs #1 D man

Rathbone  22, 5'11, 190 lbs - Future # 4 D man.... AHL 5 GP-- 5 Points

Honestly feel Benning will sign Tryamkin 6'7 , 265lbs  - # 5 guy - # 4 at times -  2yrs X 1.8  million --     Support Podkolzin ...

Hughes 6.7 --- Hamonic _  1.8 -2.4 X 2 yrs ? Sure hope we can find money to sign Hamonic,, ....He want to play out west...NTC  deal..

Myers --- Scmidt

Juolevi 900 X 2  -- Rathbone

Tryamkin ? 1.4 - 1.8 Million ? 

• Cheers 2

These are solid 3rd pairing D... but where we are do we really need them?  Season is lost so Vatanen doesn't make much sense.  Is Mete a better option than Edler/Rathbone/Juolevi on the left side next year?

I wouldn't take him just to force the team to expose Myers.  If we have Mete you know the team will just use him for exposure.

55 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I'd consider Mete's value on par with Virtanen at this point... I'm sure right now you could waive Virtanen and he wouldn't even be claimed

Virtanen wouldn't be claimed with that contract.  Mete on the other hand is on his ELC still.  RFA at seasons end

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe Mete too. I don't know how that would work with the taxi squad rules but if we could have 8 NHL quality d men to cycle in and out for rest days and also prevent injuries that would be great. 

He’d require waivers to put him on the taxi squad.  That’s why Montreal lost Juulsen earlier this season.  They thought they could sneak him through waivers and assumed Mete would be claimed if put on waivers for the taxi squad.  Now that they’ve acquired Merrill from Detroit they didn’t have room for him on the main roster.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why do some want us to claim Mete? He is tiny and we have OJ and Rathbone as LHD prospects ready or on the verge of being ready from some NHL minutes...boggles my mind 

I'd rather wait until we replace Baumgartner with an actual coach to minimize the long term damage he does.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1