The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 28, 2:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

i seriously hope they dont, would never hear the end of calgary from fans and the media, marky that/tanev this.

Agree. At least the Montreal franchise has the storied and rich tradition. And even despite Toffoli, I could stomach seeing them among the top teams again some day. Calgary is just trash.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That’s a mistake IMO. Players are gonna continue to get more drained at this rate and with this schedule ramping up. 

Personally I would rather focus on next year. 

to prove what? that green is wrong? 

there is a reason 4 year olds dont start school in grade one.

Such a rough game tonight, Demko let in two softies and then Quinn, Edler and Miller left him out to dry with those turnovers and getting out-hustled down low.

Can always trust Sutter to score an inconsequential coast-to-coast goal though, and hopefully we start Holtby tomorrow.

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Agree. At least the Montreal franchise has the storied and rich tradition. And even despite Toffoli, I could stomach seeing them among the top teams again some day. Calgary is just trash.

well montreal is my 2nd team who i cheer for when the nucks arent in the mix, would take a miracle for us to make it, so ill be cheering for them when playoffs come.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's dirty!  2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct  :) 

I'm actually pulling for Montreal and Winnipeg to win it all, but Montreal's long term cap situation looks worst then ours.  They have Weber signed for 7.8 mil/year for the next FIVE years!  He's going to be 40 in his last year with Montreal.  

Carey Price also has five more years at 10.5 mil/year and he's already 33 years old.  

At least if Webber retires early , Nashville is on the hook for his cap recapture.

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

At least if Webber retires early , Nashville is on the hook for his cap recapture.

He's got 7.8 million reasons NOT to retire early. 

Can you imagine if Loui decides to retire early though!  Maybe that's what Benning was talking about when he said "You guys don't have the full picture" 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be awesome. That and a Calgary 1st round exit. 

Flames are done. You know we will beat them a couple times at the end of the year. Haha. It’s the Canucks way. Im ok with putting them outta their misery haha. 

Canucks have a better shot. It just sad right now with the way this Ottawa series went. The trajectory doesn’t look good 

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Exactly. Thats the type of player this team needs. Not another Hughes. Plus we need Right D or C not LD

Clarke would be perfect

He’s definitely an offensive player but Clarke has made big strides defensively playing pro in Europe. He’s a aggressive defender, almost to a fault, and he’s been using his elite skating  in both ends of the ice well. 

Had a 4 point game in his first u18 WJC game just recently. 

He started pro hockey like a -5 early on in Slovakia and picked up his game and ended up +6 5 goals 10 assists in 26 games. 

Dude could maybe step into the NHL sooner than most D this draft too and I believe he could play in the AHL right away after starting pro in Europe. He’s maybe prepared for AHL hockey next year, Slovakia was a good stepping stone. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Some of that was coaching, they were talking about it during the game

To begin the season our road powerplay was absolutely garbage, we went like 0/20+ 

Def lost us some games 

on paper, we should be doing much better based on the talent up to the covid outbreak, unless I'm really wearing homer goggles. 

Green with new special teams guys might be the answer.