The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Virtanen placed on leave by the Canucks following sexual misconduct allegation

Rate this topic

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Would he have any trade value? Bertuzzi had to get moved, so the team could move on. Sometimes change is needed. 

At this point a NO considerations deal wouldn’t even get it done... other GM’s will simply show that goalies have more assists thn Virtanen 

3 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Just release him and get the $2.5M cap space!!!

If it were me, I’d have changed it a while ago. Why would you want your forum presence associated with one of the most disappointing Canucks in team history?

edit: sorry, meant to quote the fella who was debating changing his Virtanen forum handle.

Edited by Locke Lamora

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Misbehaving nhl players with groupies is nothing new. But the culture is changing and society will not accept it. 

People need to video record everything now, esp if you are in a position of power. Alomar just got slammed. He may be guilty, I don't know. But MLB and Bluejays dumped him pretty fast. 

Mike Tyson was one of the first superstars I recall. 

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

I don’t wish to make light of this situation in any way but it does seem fitting and ironic that basing the Church of V on the Catholic Church has ended like this. Brought down by a sex scandal. 

I want to laugh at that, but it's so true I just shake my head in sadness. 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I would think that saying you don't want to have sex should mean to back off with antics that precede sex. Why does "no" need to be said in a million different tones before the point is made? 

My point wasn't that it was acceptable behaviour. My point was that she wasn't clear in her refusal. That doesn't condone his actions but does leave room for misunderstanding.

Say "No!!" loudly and clearly. No means no but I don't want to have sex could be misconstrued. That's all I was saying.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Just release him and get the $2.5M cap space!!!

Bandwagoner.

lol j/k

You and the other JV user names better run for cover... 

Orca doesn’t want to associated with you.  Suspension incoming in ... 3... 2... 1... 

:goat:

Just now, RWMc1 said:

My point wasn't that it was acceptable behaviour. My point was that she wasn't clear in her refusal. That doesn't condone his actions but does leave room for misunderstanding.

Say "No!!" loudly and clearly. No means no but I don't want to have sex could be misconstrued. That's all I was saying.

I hear you. What I was saying is that if someone says I don't want to have sex the conversation should then turn to "what do you want to do then" and not "okay well let's just make out then"