The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game for High Stick to Anthony Mantha

Rate this topic

Wow. 

After the $&!# Wilson's pulled and the end result of it. And Mantha for some reason here going for Buchnevich's head like a pest. 

Who can blame Buchnevich seriously? Buchnevich could even argue he was afraid for his own safety. Mantha was skating away from the puck and going after him. 

• Upvote 1

Clearly, the scum running this league don't give a tuppenany (expletive deleted) about their public image whatsoever. They're not concerned with consistency or keeping the game safe. The NHL is an absolute bush league. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

• -DLC- changed the title to [Report] Pavel Buchnevich Suspended One Game for High Stick to Anthony Mantha

He should be suing the league for lost earnings due to corruption.  It is painfully obvious the DOPS does not care whatsoever about player safety, professionalism, or integrity.  NHLPA needs to take charge and insist on taking over if the NHL refuses to conduct itself appropriately.  Enough is enough.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not good optics for a league that's just signed a big deal with ESPN in the states. 

Best response I read:

Parros:  Pavel, do you understand why you’re here?

Buchnevich:  yeah, because I had to do your bleeping (insert profanity) job!

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ridiculous. Mantha tried to get him to go with a couple of stick whacks, then, instead of following the play up ice, turns back to Buchnevich with his stick coming up with a cross checking intent. Buchnevich got him first. 

This really looks like retribution for the Rangers complaining in the media about Wilson's piddling $5,000.00 fine. Change my mind.

I virtually never complain about officiating or disciplinary verdicts, but Wilson's lack of a suspension and Buchnevich getting one game for getting the first shot in on a guy who was coming to do him damage is BUSH LEAGUE. All this proves is that players can NEVER depend on the DPOS to make an appropriate ruling. Wilson goes berserk, hurts two players and it's all good with the DPOS.

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Ridiculous. Mantha tried to get him to go with a couple of stick whacks, then, instead of following the play up ice, turns back to Buchnevich with his stick coming up with a cross checking intent. Buchnevich got him first. 

This really looks like retribution for the Rangers complaining in the media about Wilson's piddling $5,000.00 fine. Change my mind.

I virtually never complain about officiating or disciplinary verdicts, but Wilson's lack of a suspension and Buchnevich getting one game for getting the first shot in on a guy who was coming to do him damage is BUSH LEAGUE. All this proves is that players can NEVER depend on the DPOS to make an appropriate ruling. Wilson goes berserk, hurts two players and it's all good with the DPOS.

Lol.  Canuckfans have known this for YEARS.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Last honest DOPS was Burke.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Explaining it only makes their decision look worse.

The one angle shows that it wasn’t a cross check at all (like Mantha was in the process of delivering).... it was one hand on the stick and mostly glove in the face.

I think the “even though Buchnevich’s actions were defensive in nature...” sentence probably would have been better for them to leave out if they didn’t want to look foolish.  Player accidentally  gets his stick up while defending himself against a player who is attacking him” seems to make a suspension unsupportable to me.

Give him the high sticking penalty and that seems fair enough.

What do the Rangers care at this point though?  They can get their revenge by trying to knock a Capital out of the playoffs... The blue shirts are going to be golfing in a week.

Great message by the NHL here.

Be the first to drive someones head into the ice and punch them while they are defenseless then flex about it in the penalty box like Sean Avery and its all good.

Defend yourself though and in doing so the guy attacking you takes a shot in the chiclets, heaven help you.

• Upvote 1