• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Ken Holland has done a weak job in Deadmonton - very weak.

He should be the guy to fall on his sword, not Dave Tippett.

Ya it will be interesting to see what fallout there is. 

The Jets can trust their bottom 6 and bottom pairing D much more than Edmonton can. Lots of work needs to be done with the Oilers.

If McDavid asks for a trade, which I hope he does because nothing would make me happier, it would seriously cost the team trading for him a high end young player, a zillion prospects and a zillion picks, with majority of them being 1st rounders.  

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Almost feel sorry for the guy.

Almost.

Tippett panicked hard in OT. 62 minutes is just over half of a 3 OT period game ffs.

Not sure if it's Tippett to blame for not trusting his 3rd D pair or the GM to blame for not giving Tippett a trustworthy 3rd pair. But you can't play a 120 minute hockey game without relying on the bottom of your line up to at least give your top guys a breather every few minutes.

Josh Morrissy was the high-minute guy for the Jetts. He played 20 minutes less than Nurse.

As fun at it is to make fun of Mcdavid. This isn’t really on him. Can’t win when it matters with a one line team. Hopefully the Oilers continue their poor management of not surrounding the guy with an actual team.

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

have you seen the Oiler's bench?

Yes, which is why I agree that Holland also needs to go.  When Nurse and Larsson are the only 2 NHLers on your blueline, you're going to bite the bullet and put the pylons out on the ice occasionally.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They're unreal.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Newhook step into Kadri's role and snag his job against Vegas. 

I would love to see a Lightning-Avs final. I would be so down.

I love the way Kadri plays but dude needs to water it down. Makes stupid decisions that have proven costly in the past. Seeing him and Kucherov(who also is a bit of a weasel) go at it would be hilarious though.

Just now, MattJVD said:

Not sure if it's Tippett to blame for not trusting his 3rd D pair or the GM to blame for not giving Tippett a trustworthy 3rd pair. But you can't play a 120 minute hockey game without relying on the bottom of your line up to at least give your top guys a breather every few minutes.

Josh Morrissy was the high-minute guy for the Jetts. He played 20 minutes less than Nurse.

I didnt think Edmontons 3rd pair was terrible in the series. Certainly not to the point where you sit them in a game that long on a back to back.

Morrissey is an absolute beauty. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

What no, they can have Myers for their 1st and Bear. 

Schmidt is a good d men that we can actually get a good player for. 

Not sure we could get that for Myers. Schmidt is more worth that sort of price IMO.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This was probably the most enjoyable and entertaining discussion on a non-Canucks game since I’ve joined this forum. Thanks for the great fun tonight, everyone.

All it took was the Oilers getting sweeped to unite Canucks nation. :towel:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Waaaaay beyond. It'll cost both arms, both legs, a kidney, a lung. and half your liver equivalent in hockey terms. McDandy is still 24 to boot.

Would likely have to be more than 1 team involved.

The Oilers will never get full value for McDavid.  Just like the Oilers would have never gotten full value if they had traded Gretzky at age 24.  At age 28 they got decent value for him, but LA still won that trade, both on and off the ice.

Best thing for the Oilers would be to get a top 6 player, two top prospects, 2 or 3 first round picks and of course lots of cap space so that they can go out and get a couple quality UFA's.  Build the team around Draisaitl.  They will never win a Cup with only 2 players and a Nurse on the back end.  Smith will be 40 next year.  They need to add 6-8 quality players and build a team.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would love to see a Lightning-Avs final. I would be so down.

I love the way Kadri plays but dude needs to water it down. Makes stupid decisions that have proven costly in the past. Seeing him and Kucherov(who also is a bit of a weasel) go at it would be hilarious though.

That's my preferred final too, especially if both teams are healthy.  So much skill on both sides.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The Oilers will never get full value for McDavid.  Just like the Oilers would have never gotten full value if they had traded Gretzky at age 24.  At age 28 they got decent value for him, but LA still won that trade, both on and off the ice.

Best thing for the Oilers would be to get a top 6 player, two top prospects, 2 or 3 first round picks and of course lots of cap space so that they can go out and get a couple quality UFA's.  Build the team around Draisaitl.  They will never win a Cup with only 2 players and a Nurse on the back end.  Smith will be 40 next year.  They need to add 6-8 quality players and build a team.

I don't think they trade him then. I don't think he'll want out either. If he leaves he also leaves Draisaitl which isn't worth it for either guy. He probably just wants the Oilers to figure the roster out.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

That's my preferred final too, especially if both teams are healthy.  So much skill on both sides.

Chippiness too. They got some chippy players on both sides and even the star players on both sides aren't afraid to get down and dirty. Besides Stammer. He keeps his nose clean for the most part.