• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I like Broberg and Bouchard. Holloway is rounding out pretty nice too as a PWF-type of player. They are about to get another mid-1st.

They've got some guys but they are a bit aways. 

Fair, although I really don't like Bouchard, especially after his atrocious performance at the WJHC on a team he shouldn't have even made.  He was slow, soft, and stupid, and frankly disgraced his country with his play in his own zone.  Unless he made a serious attitude adjustment and increased his compete level, he is never going to be a contributor for an actual NHL team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is they not only haven't built a decent team around him, they don't have much hope of building one in the near future.  Pretty bare cupboards, a city no one in their right mind would live in voluntarily, and a scouting department that struggles to draft NHLers in the first round, let alone later.

The Oilers will probably have to (try to) overpay some UFAs (middle of the pack types, not star players) to come to Edmonton, or to keep the ones they already have who they would like to keep. It will be tough with how their team's cap is arranged. I'm assuming they will let Barrie walk for a start on managing their money.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

The Oilers will probably have to (try to) overpay some UFAs (middle of the pack types, not star players) to come to Edmonton, or to keep the ones they already have who they would like to keep. It will be tough with how their team's cap is arranged. I'm assuming they will let Barrie walk for a start on managing their money.

regards,  G.

Addition via subtraction.

• Like 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Addition via subtraction.

Yup, sometimes that's the best type. To be honest I was never sure why Edmonton signed that guy. The only good thing about them signing Barrie is that they showed good sense in not giving him any amount of term beyond this season.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Fair, although I really don't like Bouchard, especially after his atrocious performance at the WJHC on a team he shouldn't have even made.  He was slow, soft, and stupid, and frankly disgraced his country with his play in his own zone.  Unless he made a serious attitude adjustment and increased his compete level, he is never going to be a contributor for an actual NHL team.

Middle of the pack/above average prospect pool IMO. Same as ours but we keep having prospects graduate.

He's pretty poise with the puck and makes good decisions offensively. He's more of an offensive defenseman than anything. I feel you though. he was more of a risk/reward type pick. They should really not have him and Barrie in the lineup though, that spells trouble.

Broberg is where it's at though. Dude keeps improving and has the potential to be one a great defenseman moving forward.

Bensen, Holloway, McLeod and Lavoie look to round out a pretty decent forward group. Holloway especially stands out. You'd like him as a player. 

I need to stop talking about prospects though I go into a rant.

Biggest question moving forward is their goaltending. If they retain Adam Larsson their D should be good with Broberg joining/improving and Bouchard maybe replacing Barrie's offensive-role. Could use a solid 3rd C too.

They have like 22M in cap and Klefbolm coming back next year with only cheap bridge deals to sign on youngsters. They have options during the off-season it should be interesting. They could look to make a huge splash in FA.

I hope whatever they do falls flat on their face though.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I thought all the panel gushing over McDavid yelling at Puljajarvi on the bench was ridiculous. Thats not leadership. 

And I think it would have been fitting for Puljajarvi to yell at McDavid for the lazy giveaway that cost Edmonton the game.

Watched a bit of the post game too. Asking other players how bad they feel for McDavid. Not for the team or even themselves but for McDavid.

Also, is Nurse concussed or does he talk like that normally?

Better ask them about any player trade requests ;)

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I agree, Evan Bouchard is vastly overrated. Other than his shot, I didn't see anything that would make be believe "this guy is a superstar". I just saw more upside in Noah Dobson who fyi, looks like hes going to be a solid player

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Middle of the pack/above average prospect pool IMO. Same as ours but we keep having prospects graduate.

He's pretty poise with the puck and makes good decisions offensively. He's more of an offensive defenseman than anything. I feel you though. he was more of a risk/reward type pick. They should really not have him and Barrie in the lineup though, that spells trouble.

Broberg is where it's at though. Dude keeps improving and has the potential to be one a great defenseman moving forward.

Bensen, Holloway, McLeod and Lavoie look to round out a pretty decent forward group. Holloway especially stands out. You'd like him as a player. 

I need to stop talking about prospects though I go into a rant.

Biggest question moving forward is their goaltending. If they retain Adam Larsson their D should be good with Broberg joining/improving and Bouchard maybe replacing Barrie's offensive-role. Could use a solid 3rd C too.

They have like 22M in cap and Klefbolm coming back next year with only cheap bridge deals to sign on youngsters. They have options during the off-season it should be interesting. They could look to make a huge splash in FA.

I hope whatever they do falls flat on their face though.

Bouchard can’t skate, but is smart.   Broberg skates great, but is dumb like post.  Oilers have three players.  I really like Nurse.