• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 01:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To LA:  Connor McDavid, Zack Kassian, Ethan Bear

To Edmonton:  Quinton Byfield, Alex Turcotte, 3 first rounds picks, $15 million

$15million? More like $150million he's a money maker. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Think McDavid's value goes beyond those guys. 

Waaaaay beyond. It'll cost both arms, both legs, a kidney, a lung. and half your liver equivalent in hockey terms. McDandy is still 24 to boot.

Would likely have to be more than 1 team involved.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pronger was older. Roy demanded a trade and was a goalie. 

Think McDavid's value goes beyond those guys. 

Both guys were instrumental to cup wins, and absolutely dominated their era.  McDiver will also be demanding a trade unless Edmonton finds a way to ice an actual NHL team around him.  It'll be slightly more than those guys but way less than Lindros.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well that game was enough for me to root for the Jets. They’re a much more likeable team without Laine. Something about that guy made them hard to like.

Jets or Avs win the cup and I’ll be happy.

Avs are the strange team. Every year they look so promising in the first round but then become a different team in the second round. I sure hope this is their year too because they are fun to watch.

Just now, ey40 said:

Avs are the strange team. Every year they look so promising in the first round but then become a different team in the second round. I sure hope this is their year too because they are fun to watch.

Avs are that team needing to take that next final step. They're like the Lightning of the West in that regard.

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I thought all the panel gushing over McDavid yelling at Puljajarvi on the bench was ridiculous. Thats not leadership. 

And I think it would have been fitting for Puljajarvi to yell at McDavid for the lazy giveaway that cost Edmonton the game.

Watched a bit of the post game too. Asking other players how bad they feel for McDavid. Not for the team or even themselves but for McDavid.

Also, is Nurse concussed or does he talk like that normally?

62 minutes of ice for Nurse tonight. Dude probably doesn't have enough electrolites left in his brain to properly fire his speech centre. He seriously needs IV fluids.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Avs are that team needing to take that next final step. They're like the Lightning of the West in that regard.

They're unreal.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Newhook step into Kadri's role and snag his job against Vegas. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

One of the reasons they lost. Basically 2 forward lines in overtime and a dman playing over half a 3 ot game.

Exactly you can’t win like that, period. Maybe a game or 2 with the talent they have but that’s it and obviously they couldn’t even do that. Having a couple of the best players in the world means shiz if you can’t play other players as well 

• Cheers 2

Just now, oldnews said:

Ken Holland has done a weak job in Deadmonton - very weak.

He should be the guy to fall on his sword, not Dave Tippett.

They both should.  Shortening your bench in OT during the second half of a back to back is lunacy.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

62 minutes of ice for Nurse tonight. Dude probably doesn't have enough electrolites left in his brain to properly fire his speach centre. He seriously needs IV fluids.

Almost feel sorry for the guy.

Almost.

Tippett panicked hard in OT. 62 minutes is just over half of a 3 OT period game ffs.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

blaming Bear lol.

get real.

their hero gave the puck away = as his D are changing.....but it's Bear's fault.

I guess I must have missed something.

Two things: 1.) the part where the commentator was complimenting Bear on making a great play by poke checking Wheeler, which happened 2.) just before Bear had headed to the bench, likely following the coaches telling the players to play short shifts.  Those two things right there are pretty damning evidence of his play.... :P

regards,  G.

*** and while watching the aftergame stuff, that mutton head made a comment in describing the play, "Bear tried to sneak in a quick change...", implying that this was all his fault. ***

• Cheers 1