Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic


-SN-
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

National Hockey League Hello GIF

Since the Penguins didn’t tank to get the first overall draft pick in 2005, what is the point of this meme?

After the lockout season of 2004 the first overall pick was awarded to Pittsburgh in a specially devised lottery.  4 teams got 3 balls, 10 teams got 2 balls, and 16 teams including our Canucks got 1 ball. 
Pittsburgh was one of the teams that had 3 balls, so their chances of landing the first overall pick was 6.3%.

Seems as thought luck had more to do with Sid landing in Pittsburgh, then anything else.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's a tough take. We don't know how much Covid affected the squad.

 

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see some coaching changes.

 

I think it would be smart to keep JB. He has stocked the cupboards with talent. 

If u are consistently drafting in the top 10 you are expected to have a bunch of talents lol. 2014 wasted 2 first. Juolevi is still an unknown. Traded away another 1st while we are still "rebuilding" traded a bunch of 2nds and traded away prospect for rentals. Our farm system ain't exactly loaded with players considering where we are finishing every year. With the exception of last year we have been bottom 5-8 in the league pretty consistently

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

No Gadj and J-Boner tonight?? damnnnnnn what is the fun now? I've had enough of Boyd-Vesey love.... 

Boyd Vessy and the rest of the replacements need to go on waivers. Watch us keep the plugs and expose the good talent instead. It's the Canuck (management) way...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

were they planning on playing 7 d maybe? dunno, if not it doesn't make a lot of sense. Or maybe they moved Lind to the taxi squad and forgot they used all of their call ups? 

They had the cap space to keep him up.  Surprised that they prefer to play Michaelis over Lind but they likely think they saw enough of him.  If there’s an emergency recall it probably won’t be Lind otherwise they would have just kept him up.  

 

Maybe because of the salary difference - over 10x less on the taxi squad but it’s pro-rated and there’s only about a week left.  

 

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

If u are consistently drafting in the top 10 you are expected to have a bunch of talents lol. 2014 wasted 2 first. Juolevi is still an unknown. Traded away another 1st while we are still "rebuilding" traded a bunch of 2nds and traded away prospect for rentals. Our farm system ain't exactly loaded with players considering where we are finishing every year. With the exception of last year we have been bottom 5-8 in the league pretty consistently

See you have to check your facts.

 

In the past 10 years we've had 6 picks in the top ten, with all of them being 5th pick or lower.  No #1-4 picks so I feel it's been pretty good considering.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mll said:

They had the cap space to keep him up.  Surprised that they prefer to play Michaelis over Lind but they likely think they saw enough of him.  If there’s an emergency recall it probably won’t be Lind otherwise they would have just kept him up.  

 

Maybe because of the salary difference - over 10x less on the taxi squad but it’s pro-rated and there’s only about a week left.  

 

Once again Lind was called up on emergency basis and need to go back when someone gets healthy. They don't have another regular recall left to move Lind back without someone getting injured and if someone did, think it is better spend on Gadj as he is on the same boat.

 

Get mad if Lind, Bone, OJ, Gadj, Lookwood don't play on Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

WTF, why call them up then. They could have got more games in with Utica?!


Well, you can’t wait for an injury to happen then call them up. There’s a seven day quarantine to consider.

 

Never mind, already answered.

Edited by 4petesake
Add
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Boyd Vessy and the rest of the replacements need to go on waivers. Watch us keep the plugs and expose the good talent instead. It's the Canuck (management) way...

What waivers?  Their contracts are done in a week. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, someone answer this question for me, because I don't know the answer. Could we have waived 1 or 2 players to get one of the young guys in? I don't fully buy that we don't have room or a way to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Once again Lind was called up on emergency basis and need to go back when someone is healthy. They don't have another regular recall left to move Lind back without someone get injured and if someone did, think it is better spend on Gadj as he is on the same boat.

 

Get mad if Lind, Bone, OJ, Gadj, Lookwood don't play on Tuesday/Wednesday. 

 

They have 4 regular recalls after the TDL and he was 1 of the 4 with Juolevi, Rathbone and Graovac.

 

CapFriendly keeps track of player transactions - they used a regular recall on him on 26 April but sent him back to the taxi squad on 11 May rather than keep him up.  https://www.capfriendly.com/transactions/players/kole-lind

 

 

Edited by mll
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...