The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Boeser getting revenge for all the times Edler looked him off on the PP.

Boeser is just saving it for the last game of the season. Boes will set up Edler for Eagle's #100 tomorrow on PP.

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Doesn't even have to be franchise. Just a solid rhd which clarke fits the bill.

yea, I agree. Clarke would be a great addition to our prospect pool. He fits a need that we have. But in no way is he a franchise player. No one in this draft is projected to be one, which is why the rankings are all over the place. Let the chips fall where they may. 
Hell, we might even nab him at 7 or 8. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I really hope the Sharks let him stay in SHL...

he doesn't even seem to be good enough for the shl, so I doubt the sharks are too eager to bring him over. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

after looking at these past games, I love rathbone, he so fast with the puck. we can actually cycle!. Boyd doesn't look bad either. quinn and rathbone will really help us with possessions, and wait till ep40 comes back. 

i'm really interested in where we will spend our last cap dollars, next year

4 forwards to re-sign/replace maybe 5 with motte being picked in expansion draft

resign QH and EP Juolevi

Sign at Least 1 Ufa  Dman

Re-Sign/Replace about 6 Depth D and Forwards total

do we run with the 3 kids on D?

maybe QH and EP 40 do a 1 year deal at around 6m each?

if we buyout jake thats like 24.8M for all of the above about

2.1-3m for depth forwards and D. the other contracts will be buried

12-14m For ep and qh

4-5.5M for 2 D-Men

5-6.5M for 4 forwards

Really hurts our chance to come out of the draft with a high end, RHD….but I can’t muster up much angst about this win. Rathbone was sharp out there, Lockwood looks like he can be a bottom six stalwart one day, Demko being bubble Demko, Horvat throwing knuckles, Hamonic making a case to come back next year, our skating Giraffe looking great out there, Quinn Hughes playing god tier hockey, the team trying hard to get our Elder his 100th, Hoglander in beast mode…

….and Podz is coming next year.

Would love to see what Travis Green could do with a full, normal season next year. Not sure I believe he will get that chance. Though, with the rumours of the Sedins perhaps joking the organization, I think they might be in Green’s corner. 

If training camp is open to the public in the fall I will be there!

Just now, Trebreh said:

Kent Johnson or Lysell are going to be steals.

Kent Johnson is crazy.

I was watching some Power highlights and a lot of the plays were setup by Kent Johnson. 

• Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Someone please quote me on this.   Green benning brown and baumgartner are all gone!

In fact, I’m so confident in that..... if they don’t fire any of them, I will wear a maple leafs shirt/jersey and boxers for 1 year.   I’ll even buy bed sheets with maple leafs logo everywhere  

Guess you better start your back to school shopping. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t think anyone of the Dman in this draft are franchise Dman. Even Power is basically Hedman light. Would I like one of them, damn rights but we have no control over that. Maybe these couple wins get us the lottery pick. Nobody knows. And a draft that has its rankings all over the map. I’m sure we’ll find our gem in there somewhere. 

This he fails to see the forest cause he’s focusing on the wrong tree. 

D6187641-1B60-474E-A706-8799B98DA71B.jpeg