The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go Leafs!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Deal or no deal?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So, you’d French kiss you grandma then?

If it's guaranteed, it's not sports and hence, not worth watching/winning.

I'd do nothing like cheering for the Leafs or french kiss my (late) grandmas to guarantee the Canucks win the cup.

Nothing is certain, that's why we play the games and that's what makes it exciting. If we know we are winning for sure next season, why even bother to watch?

All the adversities that the team must overcome to win the cup, the drama, that's what makes winning the cup so great. What you propose takes all those great elements out of winning the cup.

Just now, khay said:

If it's guaranteed, it's not sports and hence, not worth watching/winning.

I'd do nothing like cheering for the Leafs or french kiss my (late) grandmas to guarantee the Canucks win the cup.

Nothing is certain, that's why we play the games and that's what makes it exciting. If we know we are winning for sure next season, why even bother to watch?

All the adversities that the team must overcome to win the cup, the drama, that's what makes winning the cup so great. What you propose takes all those great elements out of winning the cup.

Yah I get that, it was a hypothetical question so let me rephrase it to take out the knowing you’re stuck on. Leafs win the cup this year, we win it next year, just then the devil shows up and tells you that if you like he’ll reset time to this moment right now and things will play out randomly and you wouldn’t remember a thing, would you come back to take away the Leafs Cup win?

25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yah I get that, it was a hypothetical question so let me rephrase it to take out the knowing you’re stuck on. Leafs win the cup this year, we win it next year, just then the devil shows up and tells you that if you like he’ll reset time to this moment right now and things will play out randomly and you wouldn’t remember a thing, would you come back to take away the Leafs Cup win?

So, we won the cup without me or anyone making a deal with the devil?

Then, why would you go back?

We won, meaning I got to witness my team go through a gruelling 82 game schedule to learn to play hard for each other and for the fans. 16 Ws in the playoffs despite the zebras and the NHL. There must have been many clutch goals from Petey, Hughes, Bo, Boes, etc and clutch saves from Demko on our way to the cup.

We won the cup fair and square. Leafs winning/not winning is irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, khay said:

So, we won the cup without me or anyone making a deal with the devil?

Then, why would you go back?

We won, meaning I got to witness my team go through a gruelling 82 game schedule to learn to play hard for each other and for the fans. 16 Ws in the playoffs despite the zebras and the NHL. There must have been many clutch goals from Petey, Hughes, Bo, Boes, etc and clutch saves from Demko on our way to the cup.

We won the cup fair and square. Leafs winning/not winning is irrelevant.

Some Canuck fans would rather us not win a cup if it means the Leafs don’t win one before us, simple as that, don’t know why you’re trying to make it so complicated but OK.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Man! Hard no, unless it’s guaranteed that it’s the Leafs we beat in the finals next year ! One COVID Cup vrs a regular full season victory and I’m in! We’d lord that over Hog Town for the next 50 years!

25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Some Canuck fans would rather us not win a cup if it means the Leafs don’t win one before us, simple as that, don’t know why you’re trying to make it so complicated but OK.

you're misconstruing things. 

32 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oh in that case, my answer is simple. I don't care if the Leafs win the cup before us.

I want the Canucks to win period. Whether the Leafs win or not is irrelevant.

Go ahead and cheer for the Leafs all you want if you think that will help us get the cup.

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Leafs have a great team.  They would make fine Stanley Cup champions and would definitely restore some of the pride among Canadian hockey fans, especially somein this market who have become disillusioned.  I think we all should be cheering them on this year.

The Canucks should also strive to put together a team like they did.  We're already a step ahead with some good goaltenders in the system but we got tons of work to do.  Still, the Leafs are a model franchise.  Nylander is looking more and more like a steal everyday.

Leaf fan troll knew it!

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Go Leafs! 

What has this got to do with the Canucks you ask?

Well, if the Leafs win the Cup next time other fans are laughing at us we won’t have Toronto to console us, we will be forced to face our ineptness and once we admit we have a problem the healing can begin.

So go Leafs, winning the Cup is the best thing they can do to help us win one in our lifetime.

#facingthewrathofDeb 

As much as I appreciate your great sense of humor with the FIRE GREEN thing, this is beyond Dumb. 

16 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

As much as I appreciate your great sense of humor with the FIRE GREEN thing, this is beyond Dumb. 

I figured with Green being resigned I need a new angle, just testing ideas out.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Go Leafs! 

What has this got to do with the Canucks you ask?

Well, if the Leafs win the Cup next time other fans are laughing at us we won’t have Toronto to console us, we will be forced to face our ineptness and once we admit we have a problem the healing can begin.

So go Leafs, winning the Cup is the best thing they can do to help us win one in our lifetime.

#facingthewrathofDeb 

thats just low man, i aint mad just disappointed in yeah.

6 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Leafs have a great team.  They would make fine Stanley Cup champions and would definitely restore some of the pride among Canadian hockey fans, especially somein this market who have become disillusioned.  I think we all should be cheering them on this year.

The Canucks should also strive to put together a team like they did.  We're already a step ahead with some good goaltenders in the system but we got tons of work to do.  Still, the Leafs are a model franchise.  Nylander is looking more and more like a steal everyday.

Now that we know you're a leafs fan, it explains a lot..

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

InsistentPowerlessConure-size_restricted

• Haha 3