The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

18 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

We gave Lind away so he can be taken off Our list anyway

We didn't give him away. He was drafted in an expansion draft by Seattle who had other players to choose from. We left him unprotected. Since every team lost a player that is not a valid complaint. Some teams lost players that are better than Lind as well.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

• Bertuzzipunch changed the title to [Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

Some sources say that we will have to wait until some other D-man are moved and some of the UFAs are signed. Others are saying that it might be sooner.

If we don't get a good return we should just keep him. He and OEL are both comfortable on their off side.

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

They have to be cap compliant for opening day though with Ferland's cap counting. So to use that 3.5 they will have to sign a contract or trade for a player after the season starts. Like they did with Hamonic last year iirc.

If your in real trouble you just play one game with a shortened bench. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Some sources say that we will have to wait until some other D-man are moved and some of the UFAs are signed. Others are saying that it might be sooner.

If we don't get a good return we should just keep him. He and OEL are both comfortable on their off side.

I just dont see how we can fill the rest of the roster without trading him. Dicky and garland gonna cost close to 7 mill imo

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I just dont see how we can fill the rest of the roster without trading him. Dicky and garland gonna cost close to 7 mill imo

With Ferlands LTIR we gain 3.5. I'm hoping that we trade his rights however unlikely.

If we can't move Jake or Holtby, we gain another 5.8 or so with buyouts. Not the best option but an option never the less.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah, I'm sure the Canucks will have to dump Schmidt as well.

+2 mill from Virtanen buyout, we'll be at roughly 20 mill, maybe 21.

Dicky is probably 2-2.5, Garland is ~ 4 (conservatively).  = 6ish mill

Then you have Pettersson, and Hughes. So let's say 6 each. That's 12 million.

Juolevi will be pretty cheap, but there might be performance bonuses (idk). This leaves us with maybe 1 mill to "upgrade" our centre. They'll have to sign someone for minimum wage lol.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, I'm sure the Canucks will have to dump Schmidt as well.

+2 mill from Virtanen buyout, we'll be at roughly 20 mill, maybe 21.

Dicky is probably 2-2.5, Garland is ~ 4 (conservatively).  = 6ish mill

Then you have Pettersson, and Hughes. So let's say 6 each. That's 12 million.

Juolevi will be pretty cheap, but there might be performance bonuses (idk). This leaves us with maybe 1 mill to "upgrade" our centre. They'll have to sign someone for minimum wage lol.

I think many people could live off of a $750k minimum wage...  -_-

• Cheers 2