The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

On 9/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, laddie said:

There is zero chance that he makes the team out of camp. We are deeper than we have been in recent years and whose position would he take? 

Never say never, but Klim has to really put on a show, like the coaching staff has to be like WOW. If Klim somehow gets preseason games in and the guy ends up scoring 2 hatricks, all bets are off on him going to the Q

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Never say never, but Klim has to really put on a show, like the coaching staff has to be like WOW. If Klim somehow gets preseason games in and the guy ends up scoring 2 hatricks, all bets are off on him going to the Q

The highlight of his career has been the U18 tournament in which he had 6 goals in 5 games but was a minus -4. That was the worst plus/minus out of the top 30 skaters.  Finally he wasn’t selected for the Belarus Olympic qualifying tournament even though there is currently I believe only one active player from Belarus in the NHL. So even if he comes to camp and is lucky enough to score a hat trick in pre season he goes back to play in the Q or the AHL. This way he can improve his overall game and so that we have legitimate prospects in the pipeline that we aren’t rushing to the NHL but instead allowing them to take the time to develop and be a complete impact player for years to come. 

Edited by laddie

5 hours ago, laddie said:

The highlight of his career has been the U18 tournament in which he had 6 goals in 5 games but was a minus -4. That was the worst plus/minus out of the top 30 skaters.  Finally he wasn’t selected for the Belarus Olympic qualifying tournament even though there is currently I believe only one active player from Belarus in the NHL. So even if he comes to camp and is lucky enough to score a hat trick in pre season he goes back to play in the Q or the AHL. This way he can improve his overall game and so that we have legitimate prospects in the pipeline that we aren’t rushing to the NHL but instead allowing them to take the time to develop and be a complete impact player for years to come. 

Okay stop with the Plus Minus. People not on the Big junior team will have minus considering Can and USA rack up 10+ against them commonly

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

While overall translation wasn't too bad, there were 2 translations with slight mistakes which sort changed the meaning. First, when he was asked about playing friendlies against mature men teams, the translation was just generic "how you felt in your friendlies?". Then, when he was answering the question on the expectations, he said "I'll try to shoot more", which she translated as "The team wants me to shoot more". Seems minor, but changes the context quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

I listened to the interviews of both Podkolzin and Klimovich and must say - Canucks need a different translator. She is omitting small details both ways, which changes often either the concept of the question or the meaning of the answer almost completely. She's also sometimes adding her own things to the answers, which has nothing to do with what the players actually said.

• Thanks 2