The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

I won't fault JB for extending Virtanen when he did (even though I did want him traded to somehow keep Toffoli).  I think we all hoped JV would figure things out and put it all together.  Just never happened.  The incident was just the cherry on top to justify moving on.

• Cheers 1

I haven't been posting nearly as much lately. But after sticking with Jake the snake for entirely probably too long using the age old adage "power forwards take longer to develop". It's clear Jake isn't going to develop between his ears which is the most important thing.

Such a waste for God given talents. Most of us really wanted him to succeed. I mean who wouldn't with the combination of shot, speed, size and toughness and being a local kid. Only to see him ghost on the ice for 90% of the time. It's like he has no heart most of the time, which is really tough to see... take the puck and drive to the net, finish your check... do something ! For a player his size he sure didn't like to get to the dirty areas. 

With countless brain farts of the ice, I mean who in that position is stupid enough to dress in full gear and drive to the rink video taping it and think that won't spell trouble hahaha?

Then the reports of potential sexual assault, which if true or false, the writing was on the wall. We need that cap space for people who want to play hard. 100% of the time! 

As my display name shows, I was really high on this kid! But now I want to change it and don't know how... haha. Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Edited by Virtanen The Great
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Virtanen The Great said:

I haven't been posting nearly as much lately. But after sticking with Jake the snake for entirely probably too long using the age old adage "power forwards take longer to develop". It's clear Jake isn't going to develop between his ears which is the most important thing.

Such a waste for God given talents. Most of us really wanted him to succeed. I mean who wouldn't with the combination of shot, speed, size and toughness and being a local kid. Only to see him ghost on the ice for 90% of the time. It's like he has no heart most of the time, which is really tough to see... take the puck and drive to the net, finish your check... do something ! For a player his size he sure didn't like to get to the dirty areas. 

With countless brain farts of the ice, I mean who in that position is stupid enough to dress in full gear and drive to the rink video taping it and think that won't spell trouble hahaha?

Then the reports of potential sexual assault, which if true or false, the writing was on the wall. We need that cap space for people who want to play hard. 100% of the time! 

As my display name shows, I was really high on this kid! But now I want to change it and don't know how... haha. Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated ! :)

@VforVasili can help you, same experience.

Edited by 4petesake
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Much slower game over there.  Jake will have lots more time to process what’s going on.  A league known for guys who aren’t in the best of condition.  He will do well there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Gonna light it up I bet. Maybe he’ll get us act together. Maybe 

that or just make 1 mill per year in the KHL for the next 5 or 6 years and then spend your time fishing for sturgeon for the rest of your life. 

I hope it happens, for a bunch of reasons. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Thankful I won’t have to keep hearing “power forwards take longer to develop” on the board anymore. Lol 

You do realize it may take Podkolzin awhile to get going .

so, you are not done hearing that.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Thankful I won’t have to keep hearing “power forwards take longer to develop” on the board anymore. Lol 

Well Pod is around the corner and I expect a Horvat-type development for him which took 4ish years to become a consistent player with gradual progression.