The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Darnell Nurse

Just now, MystifyNCrucify said:

Thats the leafs model isnt it? Give three players 9mill plus? 

Looks good to me. The laffs have enjoyed all kinds of success with their big three. 

At least thats what i hear from sportsnet and eastern media. It must be true. 

Works when your "big three" consists of Crosby, Malkin & Fluery (as well as having then a legit #1 D in Letang).  Doesn't when you don't

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Works when your "big three" consists of Crosby, Malkin & Fluery (as well as having then a legit #1 D in Letang).  Doesn't when you don't

Yeah thats the thing isnt it? The coil dont even have a starting goalie, and as good as mcdavid and Draisaitl are... i dont think they are as good as crosby and malkin were in their prime. 

Comparable awards maybe....well except for the cups :p

• Cheers 1

If Nurse signs for that money one of MCDavid or Draisatl are gone within 3-5 years.  They'll never ever be able to retain a team.

I am one of the few who always liked Nurse, I actually think he's a quality defenseman.  Like real quality.  But those numbers are insane if true and it makes the OEL trade and remaining term on his contract when weighed against this, Werenski, Jones etc look incredible.

I also don't think it much affects the Hughes negotiations because; again, defenseman vs forward on defense

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Why is Edmonton a he'll hole. ?

I know van is a beautiful city but there are alot worse places a person could live than Edmonton. 

It's full of rednecks and Oilers fans.  The best part of that dump is the departures area at YEG.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'm shocked he's getting that.

No way QH gets 5-6 like some have been saying here. 

A 2 year deal sure he could. Long term not a chance. If we somehow locked him up 7 million long term I would be a happy camper. Wishful thinking 

What choice does Edmonton have? Nurse is one year away from free agency. Adam Larsson walked. They have no choice. 

Canucks are gonna have the same problem in a few years when Hughes is near his free agency status.

Edited by Maddogy
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1