The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Hughes for Subban, Ty Smith, TWO firsts & a 2nd

I’m not proposing this other than for a  concern that we may not have enough cash for Brock and later Miller/Horvat since we are right against the flat Cap. This proposal is also in reaction only if QH wants too much.

QH would be very sought after in Jersey for obvious reasons.

Subban is still a decent defenceman and will be off the books next year so there is no long term commitment. 

Ty Smith is a former first round pick defenceman and is only 21 years old. He scored 23 points in his first year last season.

The two first round picks and a second round pick would re-stock that cupboard for the future.

I believe we would still be very competitive while regaining high picks.

I’m not sure if I’m undervaluing or overvaluing QH in this proposal but I think this would be fair for both sides.

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Enough trying to trade the most exciting defenseman we have ever had.  I like hockey, I especially like to be entertained.   Quinn is almost as fun to watch as Bure was.  I think he is, and will be, much better on defense than many here think. 1 in 32 teams win a Stanley cup so I'm hopeful but mostly want to enjoy watching my team.  I enjoy watching Quinn more than any defenseman we've ever had.   If you want to watch Subban or Ty Smith or Parayko, you can watch New Jersey or St. Louis.  I am very excited about this team.

Go Canucks Go!

couldn't agree more! guy has only played 2 seasons. his defensive game will improve. he will get stronger. 

• Cheers 1

I this point NJ would have to make a great offer for Hughes 55--68 point guy for next 10 years

Miles Wood  25, 6'2, 205

Ty Smith , 21 , 5'11 ----Should be ver offensive already  has shown that GP48 -- 23 PTS  as 20 yr old

1st rounder 2022  and  3rd rounder 2022

2nd rounder 2023

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I this point NJ would have to make a great offer for Hughes 55--68 point guy for next 10 years

Miles Wood  25, 6'2, 205

Ty Smith , 21 , 5'11 ----Should be ver offensive already  has shown that GP48 -- 23 PTS  as 20 yr old

1st rounder 2022  and  3rd rounder 2022

2nd rounder 2023

Or they could just not gut their franchise for Hughes.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

I’m not proposing this other than for a  concern that we may not have enough cash for Brock and later Miller/Horvat since we are right against the flat Cap. This proposal is also in reaction only if QH wants too much.

QH would be very sought after in Jersey for obvious reasons.

Subban is still a decent defenceman and will be off the books next year so there is no long term commitment. 

Ty Smith is a former first round pick defenceman and is only 21 years old. He scored 23 points in his first year last season.

The two first round picks and a second round pick would re-stock that cupboard for the future.

I believe we would still be very competitive while regaining high picks.

I’m not sure if I’m undervaluing or overvaluing QH in this proposal but I think this would be fair for both sides.

I’m sorry. But ha ha ha ha ha they can keep subban. I wouldn’t trade a bucket of pucks for that guy. Way to many defensive end mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I then take Subban and MIller and flip them to Montreal for a 2023 1st round pick ++ and bank on Subban and MIller walking after giving the Habs significant hope only to see them completely flatline for us to draft Bedard in 2023

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I then take Subban and MIller and flip them to Montreal for a 2023 1st round pick ++ and bank on Subban and MIller walking after giving the Habs significant hope only to see them completely flatline for us to draft Bedard in 2023

And Montreal does that deal why?  

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

chasing the dream baby.  Ottawa went all in too post cup run and....well you know.

It's a proposals section, try to have fun with it

I just find it amusing that you think Montreal’s version of going all in would you be blowing $15m of cap space (which they don’t have) plus a 1st ++ on Miller snd a guy Bergevin already ran out of town ( and that was when Subban was still good) 

Edited by qwijibo

3 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Enough trying to trade the most exciting defenseman we have ever had.  I like hockey, I especially like to be entertained.   Quinn is almost as fun to watch as Bure was.  I think he is, and will be, much better on defense than many here think. 1 in 32 teams win a Stanley cup so I'm hopeful but mostly want to enjoy watching my team.  I enjoy watching Quinn more than any defenseman we've ever had.   If you want to watch Subban or Ty Smith or Parayko, you can watch New Jersey or St. Louis.  I am very excited about this team.

Go Canucks Go!

Agreed. Although if I had to choose between being entertained and winning the Stanley Cup, I'll choose the Stanley Cup.

But I think Huggy bear helps with both.