The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favorite Quotes

WilliG

"Everyone should carry a litter bag in their car. It doesn't cost much, it doesn't take up much space.....and when it gets full, you can just throw it out the window". - George Carlin (I think)

Seen on T-Shirt in Alberta: "Don't tell my mom that I work on an oil rig. She thinks I play piano in a whorehouse".

Also seen on a T-Shirt: "I'm pretty sure my last words are going to be, Hold my beer and watch this!"

This one by Theodore Roosevelt is long and corny, but inspiring.  Also can you imagine a political leader talking like this today?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, -DLC- said:

And, my favourite from a movie (lol):

When her boss says to Erin Brokovich:  What makes you think you can just walk in there and find what we need?

"They're called boobs, Ed."

Loved Julia in that movie.  The Pelican Brief is my favourite. 

8 hours ago, Maginator said:

"You dont have to like everyone but you have to love everyone"

I think John Lennon said: "You wanna' save humanity, but it's people ya just can't stand."

He had more than a few good ones. Also recall...

"Women should be obscene & not heard."(that'd go over well today!)

"Time wounds all heels." ...when he was commenting on US gov officials trying to deport him

Lennon, Carlin & Robin Williams.. 3 famous blokes I badly miss(& we could use at such a time)